Chapter 11: Useless Child

September 11th, 2010.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

You walk down the halls, to Alex's room. You could tell its working on him, he's to busy trying to figure out things, that he forgot about his own mental health. Pity.

BEN says their slowly turning up the nightmare fuel to his dreams. Which makes him sleep deprived.

And your job is to gaslight him! Fun right?

You knock on the hardwood door, and waited patently.

"Who is it?" Alex called out.

"It's me, Y/n! The one and only!" You said crossing your arms.

The door clicks, and slowly opens. A messy haired Alex appears. Oh, there's the bags under his eyes.

"Is there anything you need?" He said yawning.

"Just wanted to check up on you, since no one cares about you." You said with a smile.

"Wait- can you repeat that?" Alex said with a mad face.

"I said I wanted to check on you, everyone's worried about you." You said acting like you were confused.

"Oh, sorry I thought I heard you say something else." He moves to the side allowing you to enter the messy room.

"So Alex what have you been doing?" You asked taking a seat on the couch. Which was right infront of the T.v.

"Oh, I've been playing the games I bought." He said taking a seat next to you.

"Which ones your favorite?" You side glanced him.

"Um....the Majora's cartridge." Perfect.

"Yeah I liked that game as a kid. I would watch my friend play it."

"Did they move?" He asked curious.

"Died. Like your gonna be." Once again pulling a gaslight phrase.

"Huh?"

"He died." You said more clearly.

"Oh. That's sad." He said yawning.

"Is that the game?" You said pointing to the cartridge, knowing that souls are in there makes a shiver go down your spine.

"Yeah." He cleared his throat while looking at it.

A knew found static fills your ears, but your used to it. Unlike Alex, who tried to cover his ears, trying to block out the annoying sound.

"Are you okay Alex?"

"Yeah." He pulled himself into a ball, and cradled himself.

'BEN I know that's yall, what are you all doing to him?' You said in your mind.

'We're just death threatening him. Telling him he better show you the cartridge, or he goes bye bye!' They said acting all innocent.

You roll your eyes looking at Alex. He muttered a, "fine," and got up from the couch.

"Y/n. I wanna show you something."

You looked at him for him to continue on what he was saying.

"About this LoZ game. It's not exactly normal." Alex said trying to explain.

"How so?" You said trying to act confuse.

"It's different! There's glitches everywhere, there's this entity trying to get me to play more of this game! And somehow there's a cult that killed this kid!" He rambled more and more.

"Wow, okay slow down man! Chill! So, what are you gonna do about this?" You asked.

"Well, I'm gonna try to save them of course!" Alex said with confidence.

"Them?"

"All of the souls that are in there! Is not only that Ben kid!" Alex said showing you the dreaded game.

Now it's step two!

"Ben?" Haha, okay.

"It's uh, one of the kids stuck in here." Alex said.

"I used to have a friend named Ben. He went missing you know." Ease him into making you help him, so you could lead him in the wrong direction.

"You did?! Did you know where you last saw him?!

"Alex."

"Was he a big fan of LoZ, was he part of the cult?!"

"Alex!"

"Was his last name Lawman?!"

"ALEX!"

He stopped, and muttered a sorry.

"Okay I'll answer those. No, I didn't see where he went that day. Yes he was Link obsessed. And yes thats his last name." You said trying to remember all the questions.

"Oh thanks for answering them. But one more question! Did he go missing on his birthday? What was it again April..."

"23rd, of 2002?" You said finishing his question.

"Wow, you know more then I do." Alex muttered.

You smiled at that, of course you did. You were there.

"May I see this, 'haunted cartridge.'"

"Of course you can! I think you should see this right?" Alex said putting it in his N64.

Once it was booted up the intro was there. Nothing wrong, so far.

All until he pressed A.

Your vision went black, like you were in a void. Panic rises, making your heart thump. What was going on?!

"Y/n..." A voice called out.

"What?" You said getting up from your spot.

A girl came into view. Messy brown hair that went everywhere, blood was dripping from her forehead. Her white dress, had mud, and blood mixed together.

"Y/n, I'm warning you. I have a prophecy for you." Her British accent was familiar.

"Rosa?"

"Hello.

A life of a friend will vanish, then you would take off. Next you then will meet someone new, betraying the people that was once dear to you. Getting a punishment in return.

Please Y/n, make sure you do the right choices after." Rosa said with sorrow.

"Rosa, please don't go!" You said running to her.

"Don't worry please, I'll be watching you! And someone else too." She said with a wink.

You looked at the pitch black ground.

"Goodbye Y/n, may we meet again." Her voice faded out, where you couldn't hear it anymore.

"Y/n?! Are you okay? You passed out, I knew I shouldn't have showed you the game! Oh no, what if they come after you?!" Alex started panicking.

"Alex calm down, I'm fine. Just a headache!" You said sitting up.

"You sure?" He said picking up the controller.

"I'm sure, but may I ask I few questions."

"Ask away."He said with a smile.

"What's the files name?

"Something like jadusable, or something else. I don't pay mind to it. It just makes me paranoid." He explained.

"Oh what day is this?"

"First." He said taking attention to the game. He would glance out his window like something was there watching him.

Like he said he's paranoid.

Only if Alex knew.

That he shouldn't have done that.