Epilogue

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja came out of the room in a red suit and breathed in a few times to catch her breath.

She was just about to climb down the stairs when she heard her mom's loud voice.

"Teju how long will you take?" She said loudly.

"Coming mumma...." She murmured more to herself rather than to her mother and went downstairs.

"How long will you make everyone wait?" Her mom rolled her eyes.

"Mumma i was just...." She stopped as she saw Karan in the kitchen taking a water bottle from the fridge.

It warmed her heart so much to see how far they have come. From him coming to her place for the first time on her birthday to till date when he walks into the kitchen as if it's his own and does his own thing.

"Finally?" He looked at her taking a sip from the bottle and kept it back.

He looked like a dream in a cream kurta.

Her cheeks immediately turned red seeing him. Something was different about the day. It was their roka.

Her mother smiled looking at the two of them who were now busy staring at each other and went out.

"You look beautiful...." He kissed her forehead softly.

She closed her eyes in reflex and he smiled seeing her face. The bindi in between her brows making her face even prettier , only if it was at all possible.

"Let's go?" He forwarded his palm to her and she held his hand with a soft smile.

They went to the lounge and Karan's mother came and caressed her cheeks. They bend down and took blessings from all the elders.

After the rituals they had a family dinner together and their parents sat down to play a round of a board game while they went to the terrace.

Karan leaned on the wall of the terrace, his back touching the wall as she stood resting her palms on the edge.

He looked at her face glowing under the moon and streetlights.

"What?" She frowned without looking at him. She didn't have to look at him to know that he was already looking at her.

He chuckled softly and looked down at her wrist. His mother's bangle looked perfect there. And it filled his heart with something unexplainable.
A feeling that made him walk on air.

"I love you...." He said.

She immediately looked at him. She could feel something different in his voice. It was not soft neither was it husky. It had a different emotion. As if he was not being able to convey something. And only the I love you would sum it all. The storm in his heart. But storm in the most happiest and overwhelming sense possible.

"I love you too...." She took a couple of steps and stood in front of him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

He held her waist softly and tilted his head , looking at her softly.

"I never thought i will ever get you...." She said softly. "That you will ever be mine....i always wanted you to move on with someone....because of my fears...."

"Shhhh...." He looked straight into her eyes.

"Let me say...." She whispered moving closer to him.

He gulped and nodded a little gesturing her to continue.

"I never imagined that someone will be so patient with me....will walk into my life and make it a better place in every way possible....i never asked anything from you but you kept showering me with everything....your love , time , patience and support....you did so much that my fears were gone even before i could realise....all my fears in my subconscious were replaced with me dreaming about us....because you made me believe that our forever will actually last forever....that you will not leave me....no matter what...." And by the time she finished her eyes were brimming with tears.

"Laddoo no...." He cupped her face immediately and wiped the corner of her eyes with his thumb.

"I did everything just not for you....for us....for us to be together...." He said softly.

"No you didn't...." She said immediately. "You had no idea about my feelings in the beginning....yet you did everything for me...."

"Because i loved you...." He said softly.

"Loved?" She frowned and raised her brows.

"Mera matlab...." He was about to say something but she cut him off.

"Leave me...." She struggled to get out of his grip.

"Not happening....not in this lifetime....not in any of the lifetimes after this....i promise to find you in each birth....to recognise your touch in every birth...." He said softly and kissed her forehead.

She stopped struggling , smiled softly and kept her head against his chest.

"Dhak dhak ho raha hai nuh?" She asked softly listening to his heartbeats which was high.

"Hmm...." He hummed.

"Mujhe bhi...." She whispered.

"Humesha khayal rakhunga...." He said softly. "Hum dono ka....aur humare parents ka...."

"Mai bhi...." She whispered burying her face more into his chest as he pulled her closer.

Na kuch puch na kuch maanga
Tune dil se diya jo diya....
Na kuch bola na kuch tola
Muskurake diya jo diya....

Tu hi dhoop tu hi chaya
Tu hi apna paraya....
Aur kuch na jaanu
Bas itna hi jaanu....
Tujh mein Rab dikhta hai
Yaara mai kya karoon....

*****

Note : Thanks to each and everyone of you for showering so much love on this story. Love , always.