Part-23

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

It was 5 minutes to go for 12 at night and his closest friends arranged the cake and candles.

Since the time they had arrived the venue , they had been away from each other , he stayed with his friends and she stayed with their BB gang and he would come and sit with them in between whenever he got time.

As the cake was arranged , they went near the centre where the arrangement was done.

Karan was surrounded by his gang and he looked around for her. He couldn't even spot her. He looked around frowning and finally saw her standing behind nishant and vidhi. Anyway she was petite and was practically squished in the crowd and she couldn't even see him because she had people in front of her.

He pushed through the crowd and reached her and held her wrist and pushed themselves through the crowd again , back to the table.

"Karan....i was fine...." She said immediately.

"Shut up...." He rolled his eyes and made her stand beside him holding her hand.

His friends smiled in surprise and looked at each other and Teja blushed lightly. This gesture had made it obvious that something was there.

"Karan what will everyone think...." She whispered in his ear.

"Do I look like someone who cares?and don't worry I'll tell them it is not from your side....they won't tease you...." He looked at her softly.

"No don't...." She squeezed his palm tightly.

He frowned but before he could ask any more questions , it was almost 12 so his friend made him hold a knife and everyone started hooting and singing the birthday song for him.

He wished and blew the candle and cut the cake. He took a piece and fed her first.

She smiled softly and fed him some and immediately moved back to give space to his friends.

The after party went smoothly with her staying with her people and not going near him.

She sat in a couch with the BB gang and kept looking at him from a distance with a smile. She noticed everything. How he would laugh at jokes , how he would dance like a little kid without even knowing how to dance. A long time back he had thrown his jacket at the side and she had quickly gone and picked it up and kept it with herself.

His friends have made him drink a few shots and she knew that she would have to drive him home. So right from the start she hadn't touched any alcohol despite a lot of insistence.

It was almost 2:30 when a lot of people had left , only a few of the very close ones were there.

She got up and went there because she was comfortable around Jess and Om.

"Will you drive him home?" Jess asked Teja as Karan sat on the bar stool and was looking here and there.

"What are you searching for?Teja is here...." Om chuckled and Teja blushed immediately.

"My jacket...." He frowned like a kid.

"That's with me...." Teja showed the jacket and rolled her eyes. "You had thrown it away....what if i didn't pick it up?"

He smiled goofily and kept his head on her shoulder.

"Let's go?give me the keys...." She said softly.

"Take it...." He said huskily and closed his eyes taking in her smell. She still smelt fresh. The perfume from her nape was hitting his nerves.

She gulped softly and took out the keys from his pocket and held his hand.

"Om....can we go through the back door?" She asked him because she knew the paps would be there.

Om nodded.

"I will bring the car at the back exit...." He took the keys and went out as Teja took him out.

She sat at the driver seat after Omi brought the car near the gate and Karan sat on the passenger seat.

She started driving and he rolled the window down.

"What happened?" She asked softly.

"The wind feels nice...." He said closing his eyes.

"You wanna go home?" She asked hoping that he would deny. She wanted sometime with him. Out of home.

"Can we just drive around?" He asked looking at her and she nodded.

"You won't feel tired right?" He asked softly.

"Never...." She ruffled his hair with her left hand and placed it on the gear. He kept his hand on her hand.

She also rolled her window down and they kept driving around the city in silence. Just them soaking into each other's presence.

"There's a bag at the back seat....check it...." She said concentrating on the road.

He immediately turned around and took ge bag and peeped inside.

There was a hoodie and a small box.

He opened the hoodie and smiled like a kid. It was from one of his favorite high end brand. He kept it against his body and looked at her happily.

"Thank you...." He said like a kid.

She smiled softly and ruffled his hair again.

He opened the other box and there was a pair of earphones that he was thinking to buy since for sometime now.

"What the hell....how did you know i wanted this?" He looked at her shocked. She was scary.

"I know how to read minds...." She said chuckling.

"Tell me no Teja...." He said frowning.

"The other day when we both fell asleep while watching the movie remember?on the couch?" She asked chuckling.

"Hmm...." He nodded immediately. It was one hell of a boring movie and both of them ended up sleeping on the couch with her head on his shoulder and his head on her head.

"You were sleep talking...." She said smiling.

"What the...." He muttered. "What else did i say?"

"Things to me....i know it....it's enough...." She said softly.

"I love you laddoo...."
"Laddoo your coffee will get cold...."
"Laddoo you want blue curtains or beige curtains?"
"I will never let you go...."

She remembered everything that he said while sleeping.

"Laddoo yaar....bol nuh...." He said whining like a kid.

"No...." She said sternly. "Some things are only for me to know right?"

"Arrey but bola toh maine hai....mujhe hi nahi pata hoga?" He frowned and argued.

"Noooo...." She said sternly.

Tujhse hi hain meri bandagi
Tujhse meri jaaan hai....
Saaya tera mera aashiaan
Tu mera armaan hai....