Part-2

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan drove to pick Shreya up. A good 20 days had passed since they had first met and they often spoke to each other over text messages. While talking the previous night they had figured out that they were both invited to the same party.

Rajeev had his birthday a few days back but he was not in the country at that time so he had thrown a party late. He basically knew the entire industry so even Shreya was invited and thus he was driving to pick her up.

His mind kept wandering about only one thing. Will she be there?she was invited but will she attend it?if she did he would see her after almost 4 months.

He was in his reverie while waiting for Shreya to come. His reverie was broken when the door banged shut. He looked at his side to find shreya sitting there.

"Hey...." He gave a small smile and was about to start the engine when she gave him a hug. He was slightly taken aback but hugged her back.

"You okay Karan?you seem to be zoned out?" She asked out of concern after breaking the hug.

He gave a small nod with a fake smile.

"What happened?" She asked softly making him look at her by cupping his cheek.

"No nothing...." He moved a bit back but she had already come closer to him eyeing his lips.

"Shreya....stop...." He held her shoulder and made her sit back.

"I'm....i'm sorry....it's just that...." Shreya fumbled.

"If you want anything more than friendship from me i am sorry shreya i won't be able to give that to you....i love someone else....i should have cleared this before while talking to you but honestly i never thought you were getting any wrong hints since we had pretty normal and friendly conversations....i understand my friends might have told you something and i am really sorry on their behalf...." He said politely.

"I understand...." She smiled.

He nodded and started the engine and drove to the party.

He drove through the back door of the parking of the pub to avoid the media since it just struck him that continuous two papped videos with the same girl might look odd and start another rumour and that is the last thing that he wanted.

As he got down and entered the pub his heart was thudding. What if she was already inside?he would see her. After so long. He let out a deep breath and went inside after shreya.

Teja was sitting with akasa and was randomly chatting about life post BB. Akasa had been careful enough not to bring his topic up because she wanted to see her reaction when Karan would enter.

Teja checked the time. It was almost 9:30. May be he won't come. She was not being able to ask anyone whether he will come or not. She knew akasa would know , umar would know but she didn't want to ask them. What if they guessed her feelings? She knew she was being plain unreasonable but that is how it worked.

She ran her fingers through her open hair. She had made it a point to keep her hair open because he had told her that she looked good with open hair. She had to keep her hair open. Today atleast when there was a feeble chance of them meeting. After almost 4 months.

She saw him enter through the door and closed her eyes. Her heart was thudding in her chest to the extent that she could hear her own heartbeats. Akasa looked at her with a smile.

Teja opened her eyes and saw that girl behind him. So he has brought his girl with him?he was anyway a gentleman so obviously he would bring her.

She gulped the lump in her throat and turned away. She blinked twice to stop the tears from forming in her eyes.

"You okay?" Akasa asked her softly.

She nodded and took a sip of the coke.

He scanned the pub as soon as he entered. Not for Rajeev but for her and there she sat. With Akasa. With her back facing him. But he knew it was her.

He walked over to Rajeev and wished him first and then hugged Umar who was also standing with Rajeev. He stood with them for a couple of minutes but nade sure to look at her from the corner of his eyes. She should not go away to somewhere else where he would again have to find her.

"Excuse me....i'll come...." Karan told them and walked towards her and Akasa. He had started to practice how he would start the conversation.

Akasa saw him come from the corner of her eyes and smiled.

"Hey...." He came and wrapped his arm around Akasa's shoulder.

"Hi nyanuuuu....no see after the music video...." She said hugging him.

"Just got a bit busy...." He smiled and looked at her. She was smiling at them.

"Hi naagin...." He raised his brows with a teasing smile. All the rehearsals he did to start the conversation with her went into drain the moment he had seen her.

She rolled her eyes and hit his shoulder playfully.

"Hi Kundri...." She said and got up.

He stretched his arms a bit to welcome her into a hug. She smiled warmly and hugged him. He gulped a little and wrapped his arms around her back. The smell. That damn smell that drove him insane every day in the house. The smell of vanilla mixed with chocolate. After almost four months she was this close to him. And he wanted to etch every bit of this moment in his memory. This would give him the strength to go ahead for another four months. Or may be not. What was the harm in hoping.

She closed her eyes as her face laid along his chest and shoulder. She smelled him after so long. At first she had thought it was the perfume that he used but she had bought that and sprayed it in her pillow. It didn't smell like him. It was a little bit different. So this was him. His smell. She would have to register this again in her senses. For the days ahead of her. Without him.