Part-14

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan opened his eyes as the sun light from the balcony door hit his face. He stretched his arms and realised that he jad fallen asleep on the floor. He sat up and looked at Teja to find her sleeping on the mattress at a distance.

He freshened up and ordered coffee and breakfast. In half an hour their order was there. He kept the paper bags on the mattress beside Teja and shook her lightly.

"Laddoo uth jaa...." He said softly. "Coffee will get cold...."

She stirred in her sleep and opened her eyes a little.

"Good morning...." He bend down and kissed her hair.

"Good morning...." She said in her baby voice. She sat up and hugged him.

He patted her back lightly. His mind was clouded.

He broke the hug and gave her the cup of coffee.

"Thanks Kundri...." She smiled widely.

He nodded a bit and started to open the boxes of breakfast.

He had a lot of questions. He had started to get the feeling since the last few days that she was totally into him. There were things that she said which gave him the idea. At first he had brushed the thoughts away thinking he was overthinking. But last night the way she had tears while singing , honestly it wouldn't have mattered to him much or to be specific he wouldn't have taken it in any other way if she hadn't looked at him in a certain way. The exact way one would look at their partner.

He wanted to ask her something directly. But a part of him told him not to. What if it was nothing like he was imagining. It was normal human nature to imagine what one wants to be true.

"Who is the guy?" He asked while opening the boxes , not looking at him.

"Who guy?" She asked casually not paying much attention to it.

"The one whom you love...." He said looking at her.

She stopped sipping her coffee.

"I want answers...." He said firmly.

"Excuse me?" She frowned.

"I said i need answers....you can share everything with me but not this?why?that makes me very doubtful...." He said coming close to her as she was standing by the balcony door.

"Doubtful about?" She asked immediately.

"I don't know....why would you hide?if you can share everything with me but not this then it is definitely something you are deliberately trying to hide....but why?that is my doubt...." He said looking into her eyes.

"Because there are certain things only meant for me and my knowing....i don't want to share it with anyone...." She said looking away from him.

"Who is the guy?" He held her upper arm and pinned her to the wall.

"Karan please...." She placed the coffee cup between his body and her's.

"Look at me...." He said in a low intense voice.

"A childhood friend...." She said trying to controlling her breathing.

"Lie...." He made his grip tighter.

"I am not ly...." Before she could complete , he cut her off.

"You said you have worked with him....not exactly a costar but still you had worked....and now you are saying a childhood friend?you think i am a fool...." He hissed in her ear and she closed her eyes.

The reaction she was giving made it even more obvious for him. The way she was reacting to his touch , to his proximity , to the way she was controlling her breathing as he was close to her. He was almost sure. Still he had to be surer.

"Karan it is something i want to keep it to myself....you have always respected if i didn't want to say something....now what happened?" She said in a weak voice.

"I don't want to give you that space right now....i want to know the name....take the name and go....or else we are standing here like this....throughout the day and i am not even joking...." He said seriously.

"I won't....and how dare you question me...." She said gathering up some courage. "Just because i gave you certain liberties of being my friend you think you can cross the line?"

"You cannot rile me up with this....i know you too well to know this is what you do to drive people away....but to push me away you literally have to push me...." He said confidently.

"Because your strength is more you are doing this...." She said looking at him.

"Really?you want to push me away?you think i wouldn't know if you would want it?your eyes are requesting me to stay....like last night...." He whispered.

She closed her eyes immediately.

"Closing your eyes won't help Tejasswi....you keep asking me to move away....keep refusing your feelings because you want me to chase it....you want me not to leave despite you asking me to leave....so that it gives you the feeling of...." Before he could complete she cut him off.

"Stop....please stop...." She said letting out a heavy breath.

He knew that her limit was pushed. And she was vulnerable.

He moved back slowly. He would never take advantage of her vulnerability.

She quickly went and clumsy took her bag and was about to walk out.

"I will drop...." He said firmly and picked up their breakfast and went downstairs with her.

They sat in the car in silence as he drove and she had her breakfast while he kept his in the backseat.

"Bye...." She said without looking at him and got down. She waved without meeting his eyes and went inside her house.

He chuckled. She knew her eyes were giving every truth out to him and that is why she avoided meeting his eyes.

Naina tere kajrare hai
Nainon pe hum dil haare hai....
Anjaane hi tere nainon ne
Waade kiye kayi saare hai....
Saanson ki lein maddham chale
Tose kahe barsega sawan....
Jhoom jhoom ke
Do dil aise milenge....