eighteen

chapter eighteen:

Never in Carmen's life that she wanted everything to turn out like a drama series that never ended. It was horrible to even think of it that way. First her dad cheated and is currently having a son, then her mum died, then her friend killed himself and now her boyfriend is cheating on her?

"Jasper and I were playing a game and it ended up that I read his texts and there's one from a girl called Holly," Carmen mumbled.

"Holly? Please don't tell me that something happened with her."

"He slept with her on the week Eddie was gone, Bryan!" Carmen started sobbing. She didn't know she still had tears in her. Sammy whimpered and leaned his head on Carmen's lap.

"My dog likes you," Bryan commented. "It's a rare thing. He only likes me, Andy and you. He hates my parents, apparently. So that's something to smile about, Carmen. You can't deny a cute dog."

Carmen smiled at the Labrador that was trying to console her and she whispered a thanks while giving him a good pat.

"I just don't know anymore. It's like my life is cursed or some voodoo shit is going on." She sighed and Bryan held her hand in his.

"Hey, we'll get through this in the morning, alright? Right now, you and I need to get some rest," Bryan smiled as she agreed. "You too, Sammy. Off to bed!"

When morning rolled around, Carmen still felt surreal as to what had happened. The date went well if only she didn't read the text. They would have gone for dinner at some place. She could still be on his bike and them zooming into the night. But, no, it had to happen after all.

As she walked to the couch with her glass of milk, she heard a very heated conversation out the front porch. She opened the door a little to hear that it was Bryan and Jasper yelling at each other.

"You're fucking drunk, Jasp. Go home."

"I'm drunk because the girl that I liked ran away from me and found out that I slept with my ex!"

"So you drank? Fuck off, Jasp. You're the worst when you're drunk, and you know it."

"You don't ever tell me what to do! Since day one you've been dragging my ass here and there as though I'm supposed to obey your every command!" Jasper yelled at the top of his lungs.

"Then why the fuck are you here because it's literally nine in the morning and I can't stand being so close to a drunk twat right now."

"You were right after all, friend. I should tell her about the bet too, right? Since you're so smart," Jasper slurred.

"Bet? What bet?" Carmen said a little too loudly as she stood by the door.

"Baby! My precious beautiful gorgeous baby girl," Jasper cooed as he tried to rush towards Carmen.

"Fuck off, Jasper, seriously!" Bryan pushed him away from getting close to Carmen.

"What bet, Jasper?" She glared at him because she was sure that she didn't want to handle a drunkard first thing in the morning.

"Remember Jared? Yeah..." Jasper said and laid down on the porch. "He told me if I took miss stiffy out, he would give me fifty quid and believe me! Fifty was a lot back then."

"Who the fuck is miss stiffy?" Carmen asked, enraged.

"You, Carmen. You," Jasper said softly.

__________
Author's Note: We're almost at the end! Two more chapters to go :-) x