fifteen

chapter fifteen:

"Not another fancy date?" Carmen joked as Jasper held her hand.

"I'm sorry to disappoint," Jasper answered back and rolled his eyes.

"So, where are we headed?"

"To the lake!" Jasper ran and Carmen laughed at how childish he was acting.

Jasper rented a wooden boat, in which someone had to row the boat and to be frank, she wasn't going to be able to row a freaking boat, was she?

"Our picnics just levelled up?" Carmen implied as Jasper helped her to get onto the boat.

"I'll row and you can fill me in on what I've missed," he said in a serious tone and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

Carmen started talking about Eddie and how confused she felt at all of it. Everything still felt unreal to her at this point and it has only been two weeks after she found out he killed himself.

"If I knew, I would have done something and he'd still be alive, you know?" She sighed and glanced at the clear night sky. She didn't expect Jasper to understand because losing someone that you've known for years isn't something that is commonly understood by everyone.

"It's not your fault, love. It's just horrible how his parents treat him like trash." Jasper gave her a reassuring squeeze on her palms, hoping she wouldn't worry too much.

"Bryan's been taking all of this so horribly, Jasper. Have you been to see him yet?" Carmen asked with her face filled with concern.

"N-no. Not yet. Probably tomorrow."

"Anyway! I wouldn't want this to make you feel... weird. So, what have you been up to?" she asked and popped a grape into her mouth.

"Nothing much. Boys' outing and you know how boring it can get, innit?" He chuckled and she nodded.

Jasper knew it was horrible to lie to her about it but you can't just go on a date and say you slept with someone while you were away, can you? Jasper's mind was filled with so many questions and troubles. He just wanted to fix things with Bryan and be best friends again.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Carmen held his hand in hers. He never understood what truly liking someone meant or felt like.

"Just wondering why you would ever go out with me."

"Nobody's perfect, yeah."

"Yeah."

Bryan sighed as he tossed another empty can of beer into the trash. When Andy came over, he could see how intoxicated his boyfriend was and all he could do was sigh.

"I've decided something, 'ndy."

"What is it?" Andy plastered on a smile.

"Hey, I'm not drunk or anything, I swear!" Bryan grinned and pretended to be walking on a tightrope to prove that he wasn't drunk and that he could walk pretty darn straight.

"Okay, dumbo, what's up?" Andy laughed as Bryan sat on his lap.

"I'll never touch booze ever again!" Bryan exclaimed. "Plus, I want to get a tattoo to prove my commitment."

"A tattoo? What of?" Andy asked and raised his eyebrow.

"The tattoo that says, 'you booze, you lose'."

__________
Author's Note: Oops, I forgot to tell you that you should join the first words from each chapter. They make up several sentences. xx