Birthday

(Birthday imagine since it's Tom's birthday today!!)

•••••••••

I hurried and fixed up the living room so it was perfect when Tom woke up. I placed his two gifts on the coffee table and lit a candle of his favorite scent. I had to hurry since he just woke up and was in the bathroom freshening up.

I then fixed my hair and heard the bedroom door open. I turned and saw Tom running the back of his neck. His hair was slightly messy, he was only wearing his black boxers so I had a nice morning view. "Happy Birthday!" I say happily as I embrace him in a hug.

Tom wraps his arms around me and cradles me in the hug. "Thank you, love," he says softly into my hair. I pull my face away from his chest and look up at him, smiling. "This is a great way to start my birthday," he says with a soft smile. "I get to be with my favorite person all day." Tom then leans in for a kiss, placing his soft lips on mine. He placed one of his hands on my cheek and the other on my waist. "I love you, Y/n," he said against my lips.

"I love you too, Tom," I say making him blush a little. I smile; one thing I loved about Tom was because no matter how long we have been together, he still gets flustered at small things, just like how he did when we first met. "I have some stuff in the living room for you if you wanna come see," I tell him. He smiles and nods as he goes to hold my hand. I lead him towards the living room and we both sit on the couch.

"What are these?" he questions, pointing to the gifts.

"Your gifts," I reply.

Tom shakes his head, "Oh Y/n, I told you I didn't want any gifts today. I just wanted to spend my day with you," he tells me.

I shrug, "Well I guess you get to spend your day with me plus some gifts." He smiles and runs his hands through his hair. "Go on, open them," I encourage.

Tom grabs the one gift and unwraps in carefully. I hoped he had liked it. When we were out on day he pointed out some expensive ring that he wanted but different know if he wanted to buy it himself. He had claimed he didn't want it but he wouldn't stop talking about it. So with that, I decided to get him the ring. As he opened the box his eyes widened, "Y/n you shouldn't have," he said as he picked up the ring carefully. He admired the piece of jewelry and then turned to me, "Y/n this must have been a fortune," he tell me.

"Good thing I have my own job that's pays me good money," I reply.

Tom smiles and puts on the ring on his finger. "It's gorgeous," he said as he looks at it closely. I knew he liked the color green so I got him a gold ring with emerald. "Thank you so much," he tells me as he kisses my cheek. I smile and he picks up the other gift. "An envelope?" he questions, raising an eyebrow.

"Just open it," I say.

Tom smiles and opens up the envelope, pulling out a piece of paper and two tickets. He reads the tickets and paper, a smile growing on his face. "When are we gonna fly over?" he asks.

"Wednesday," I reply.

He places his lips on mine, I could feel his lips still in a smile. "I haven't been to a good Yankees game since- well, I can't remember," he says with a small laugh. Tom hadn't been to New York for a while and I felt bad because he seemed to miss it. And constantly I was coming home to him in our bedroom late at night watching baseball so I figured to actually get tickets to a game. "And we're sitting right behind home plate?" he asked happily. I nod with a smile and he hugs me. "This is great Y/n, thank you so much," he says as he kisses my neck.

I place my hand in his hair as he kisses my collarbone. "You're welcome," I say. He smiles at me and sighs.

"Come here," he says. I shift towards him more and we lay on the couch. I'm in his arms as he holds me tightly. "I remember the night we met you know,"

"So do I," I say. "You weren't exactly the person I thought I was gonna end up being with that's for sure. You were cocky and you wouldn't leave me alone," I say making him smirk.

"Yeah whatever, but we both knew you had the hots for me when you first saw me."

"Sure, we'll say that," I say sarcastically. Deep down I knew I was lying. He was right. As soon as I saw him I thought he was very attractive. But I didn't think he was gonna end up feeling the same.

"I knew I loved you as soon as I saw you," Tom says. "I always had a feeling that you were the one. You're beautiful, kind, and you're everting I could ever want."

"And?" I say, wanting him to go on. He chuckles and sighs.

"And whatever you felt when you first met me it's okay. Cause you're mine now." He says kissing the top of my head. "And I can promise you will be forever," he adds. "You're always gonna be my girl, yeah?"

"Always, Tom," I say, before he kisses me one last time.

———