Boyfriend pt 2 (S.R)

( part 2 to the first 'boyfriend' chapter! does contain smut!)

•••••••••••

I walked a long way back to Steve's house. I didn't know if I should feel happy or sad. On one hand my boyfriend just broke up with me, but on the other it was for better because I still think I've had feelings for Steve still. I'm sort of glad, actually. I get guilty dating Chris but being in love with Steve. But Chris obviously didn't feel bad about fucking his ex while we were together so all in all it was just a toxic relationship. One like my parents. But no one knew about that except Steve and Ponyboy, he was part of the group Steve hangs out with.

When I got to Steve's house I knocked on the door quietly. The door opened and I saw Steve smile softy. "Back early?" he asked. I shrugged and walked in as he closed the door behind us. He saw my blank expression and he swallowed. "Did something happen?" he asked stopping me.

"Chris broke up with me," I said.

Steve's expression became soft and he hugged me. "I'm so sorry Y/n," he whispered.

I smiled softly and hugged him back, "Are you?"

Steve laugh and looked down at me, still holding me close. "Nope," he says. I chuckle and he holds me closer. "I knew he wasn't good for you," Steve says. "The whole time," he adds.

"Why didn't you stop me from going out with him  when I first started seeing him?"

"Because I wanted you to be happy," Steve said pulling away. I sigh, yeah he definitely doesn't like me. "Come on, go sit down, want something to drink?" he says leading me to the couch.

"No I'm fine," I say as I sit.

"You wanna tell me about what happened?" He said sitting down next to me and resting his hand on my knee. I feel myself tense.

"He accused me of cheating on him with you and I told him-"

"Would you?" he interrupted

"What?"

"Cheat on him with me?" Steve asked.

"Thats none of your business, and no," I reply. Why does he care so much? He never cares about this stuff. Its weird.

"You're telling me you never thought about being with me over Chris?" Steve pushes.

I look at him confused, "Steve what are you implying?" I say.

"When you were with Chris, have you ever wished it was me instead?" Steve asks again. Does he know?

"I-" I look down.

"I'll take that as a yes,"

"Steve he was my boyfriend!"

"But you wished it was me! Didn't you?" he asks again. I sigh and he smiles. "Just so you know, I wished it was me too," I feel myself freeze, did he just say what I think he did?

"I- What?"

Steve sighs and throws his head back. His adam's apple visible. "Every single time I saw you with Chris I felt every single fucking part of my body fill with jealousy. I wanted you to be mine, Y/n,"
I listened quietly; On the outside I was calm, but on the inside I was freaking out. The boy i've liked for almost four years is now just telling me he liked me? "Every-time you hung out with him, I wished it was me. Every-time he touched and kissed you I wish it was me," he explains making me go red.