Volleyball (P. 'M' .M)

(Top Gun imagine! Basically the volleyball scene + you)

••••••

I changed out of my uniform and put on a pair of jeans shorts with a t shirt. It was very hot out today and I'm glad they let us have sometime where we weren't training. I put on some more comfortable shoes and then made my way outside again. There I saw Goose and Maverick. (Or Nick and Pete). Out of everybody these two really were my main friends. I was close with Iceman but with Maverick not being fond of him, I decided to not tell him about the friendship.

"Hey Y/n!" Goose said happily.

I smiled, "Hey guys." At the sound of my voice Maverick turned and smiled. Although Maverick and Goose were my friends, I couldn't help but gain feelings for Maverick. At first I didn't want it to happen, but it did, and honestly, I don't regret it. But I'm pretty sure he has a thing for Charlie. So at this point I have no chance if he likes her.

"We missed you," Maverick said wrapping an arm around me.

I rolled my eyes, "I was gone for what? Ten minutes?"

"Yeah but you see Y/n, poor old Mav cant go five minutes without seeing you," Goose says making Maverick give him a look.

"Oh really?" I question looking up at Maverick.

"Shut up, let's go," Maverick says quickly making Goose and I laugh. Maverick let go of me and walked in front of Goose and I.

"What the fuck is up his ass today?" I ask quietly.
Goose shrugs and we continue to follow Maverick. "And where the fuck is he taking us?"

"Volleyball," Maverick answers, turning to us.

"Volleyball?" Goose and I say at the same time. Maverick nods and as we walk a little further I see a beach volleyball court. On one side was Iceman and Slider, the other side empty. I assumed it was our side.

"There they are," Slider announces as we walk on the court.

Maverick and Goose walk ahead and go on the court getting ready to play. I walk past Iceman and sit down on a bench. "Y/n," he says coming over to me.

"Ice," I say with a smile. Both him and Slider had their shirts off so for me, I'd say I had a pretty good view.

"You come here to watch me?" He asks.

"Sure," I say rolling my eyes.

I look behind him and see Maverick staring at us from the court. "Are you gonna play or keep flirting?" Maverick asks annoyed. Iceman laughs and walks away from me. He turns and gives me a wink and then goes to serve. Maverick returns the serve and ends up scoring a point. He and Goose exchange a high five and then continue the game.

After a few points I started to get hot, I took a sip of my water and then almost spit it out when I saw Maverick take his shirt off.

Holy shit.

I wiped my mouth and saw Iceman chuckle and raise his eyebrows at me. This would also be a good time to mention that Ice was the only person who knew I liked Maverick. I smirked at Iceman and he shook his head with a smile.