"Everything a guy wants" (P. 'M' . M)

(You're ad because you feel like love never works out well for you, but Maverick comforts you)

••••••••

I sat down outside the bar on a bench, sighing. I tried my best to not let a tears fall down my face. I had just found out my boyfriend, well ex-boyfriend now, had been cheating on me with my 'best friend' ever since I left for Top Gun. It hurt knowing two people I trusted would do that to me. I wiped my cheek and placed my hands on my lap, closing my eyes. What had I done wrong?

"Hey Y/n," I heard a cheerful voice say. I looked to my right and saw Maverick, one of my friends I had made hers at Top Gun. He said my tearful eyes and his smile faded. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?" he said frantically as he sat down next to me.

I shook my head, "It's nothing, go back in, go have fun," I said trying to give him a smile.

Maverick furrowed his eyebrows and put his hand on mine. "Talk to me Y/n," he said softly. "If something happened you can tell me, I won't tell anyone," I sighed and bit my lip. "I wanna know what made my girl cry,"

I swallowed, 'my girl' ? I can't remember the last time someone called me that. "I-uh, I just found out my boyfriend back at home was cheating on me with my best friend," I told him.

I watched as Maverick clenched his jaw. "Are you serious?" he asked. I nodded and he licked his lips and laughed. "That son of a bitch," he mumbled. I looked down and Maverick hugged me, "Listen, I'm really sorry that happened. He wasn't worth it anyways."

"It just hurts, you know?" I said into his chest. "I was with him for almost three years," I felt Mavericks chest rise and fall as he held me closer, rubbing my back. "This stuff never works," I then say.

"What never works?" Maverick asks pulling away, giving me some space.

"Relationships. Every single one I've been in never works out," I explain. I shake my head, "Every single one it feels like it's always my fault. I don't what it is. I-I mean, what am I doing wrong? Am I not doing enough?" Maverick shakes his head quickly and tilts my head up with his fingers so I'm looking at him.

"I never want to hear you say that again," he said with a smile, "Okay?" I nod and he sighs. "Y/n these stupid relationships aren't your fault. I mean, you're everything a guy wants," He says admiring me. "You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. You're funny, and you definitely are one heck of a pilot," he says with a small laugh. I smile and he wipes the tear going down my face. "It's not your fault they're stupid," he says with a shrug.

I smile at him and he puts his hand on mine, smiling back softly. "Thanks Mav,"

"Of course," he says softly. "Now come on, let's go in there and have some fun," he then says standing up, holding his hand out for me. I smile and take his hand, "Let's go enjoy ourselves. Forget about that guy back home, alright? Just you and I having fun tonight, yeah?"

———