Chapter 12: Skarlet vs Raiden

Everyone watched as Raiden is fighting Skarlet who has become the most powerful being in the universe now. As they exchanged blows with their weapons, Bloody scythe vs Staff imbued with Thunder, they glared at one another as she pushed pressure on his weapon, he frowned and teleported in lightning and put his staff away and charge up some Thunder in his hands and fires at her torso. Which only pushed her a little and did no damage to her which surprised him seeing his lightning did no effect on her.

He kept blasting more lightning and Thunder at her only for it to not faze her as she continued to walk calmly.

"Are you finished? Can't you see that it's useless. I've become more powerful then you realize." Skarlet says as she opened her mouth and breathed a burning wave of dragon fire in which Raiden dodged in via teleportation as he ran at her and delivered a few strikes at her body which did no effect on her. She backhanded him sending him across the ground while at the same time he felt his teeth were knocked out of his mouth as he groaned in pain struggling to get up as she leaned over him watching him.

He glared up at her and got up striking her in the torso with his lightning enhanced fists only for her to catch his hand as he looked shocked. She smiled darkly and then cackled.

"Is this seriously your best? God of Thunder? Your attacks are nothing!" She sent a swift punch to his face as she lunged at him and slammed him to the ground.

The others felt like they needed to step in and help Raiden. But a voice stopped them.

"Don't." Says Fujin who appeared surprising everyone that he's here. They returned to the fight and kept watching.

"What's the matter Raiden? Your elder gods has forsaken you now?" She mocked with a sneer while he glared at her ignoring his injuries.

"They have not forsaken me Skarlet! It is you will be defeated! I will not allow you to go back to the realm of elemental nations and begin your invasion!" He declared holding his staff for support.

"You should not meddle in my affairs of what's going to happen in my old home. I will have my revenge and those who wronged me are going to suffer for it." She says with those who are earth realm hero's blinked hearing her mention "revenge" upon the world she mentioned. What did she mean?

"You have adopted Shao Khan's motives! I can't ignore that! You may have betrayed him along with killing kronika but you are no better than him!" He said with a glare as she scoffed

"Hypocrite, and this is coming from someone who hired the black dragon to do their dirty work." She says with a glare while the others widened their eyes and raised eyebrows at what she says as they turned towards Raiden.

"Lord Raiden what is she talking about?" Said Liu Kang with a frown as Kung Lao also frowned

"Did she just say you hired the black dragons to attack her?" Said Cassie who looked at him with disgust as did everyone else with Raiden not answering them.

"Yes Thunder god, tell your little band of earthrealmers of how you hired Kabal and his black dragon mercenaries to attack me." She says with a sweet sickly smile.

"Raiden is this true?" Asked Sonya this time while everyone else was beginning to look at the god of Thunder in complete disgust as he did not answer and the look on his face told them that it was true.

"I had no choice. I was hoping that Kabal would have been challenging enough for Skarlet along with his mercenaries. But it seems I was wrong." He says admitting that he did do it.

"Why? What is going on Raiden?" Demanded Jax who glared at the Thunder god with Johnny doing the same thing.

"I will explain after I defeat her." He says while she laughed