Chapter 9: Meeting with Scorpion

Special Forces HQ)

"You want us to WHAT!?" Asked a Serious looking Johnny Cage looking at Raiden, besides him was Sonya, Cassie, Jax, Nightwolf, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kotal Khan, Jade, Kitana, Jacqui. Kenshin, Kung Jin and Takada.

"I need you all to defeat Skarlet. She's becoming a dangerous threat and is adopting Shao Khan's motives." He said looking at each of them.

"And why should we stop her? If anything we should leave her alone, after all she's the one who ended kronika and even betrayed Shao Khan along with Sindel. Even Shang Tsung." Said Cassie who did not want to fight Skarlet.

"Is she plotting to attack Earthrealm?" Questioned Kotal Khan

"No, but is targeting another realm, that is not under the watch of the Elder Gods.." He admitted

"If she's targeting that realm why should we worry about it?" Said Liu Kang.

"Because Liu Kang! She's going to Konquer it just like Shao Khan!" Raiden said with a desperate look.

Before anyone could say anything a Special Forces soldier walked in.

"We've just received a report from our informants that the black dragon gang is no more!" Said the Trooper with looks of shock appearing on the faces of who knew about the black dragon.

"How is that possible? Who could have defeated them so quickly?" Said Johnny Cage

"Yeah Last I checked, after I killed Kano... Kabal took over the black dragon in place of Kano." Sonya stated.

"You don't think it was..." Said Jax

"Skarlet." Finished Nightwolf

"It had to be her. Or unless they provoked her?" Said Kenshi with Raiden being silent not wanting to tell them it was him who sent the black dragon to their deaths at the hands of Skarlet.

"She practically did us a favor, meaning the black dragon won't be a problem anymore in the future." Says Sonya

"Don't praise her too soon Sonya. She's in Outworld as we speak recruiting followers to join her on her Konquest." Says Raiden not feeling enthusiastic about Sonya praising Skarlet for killing the black dragon.

"If she is then we must make plans on stopping her." Says Kitana for the first time.

"How do we know for sure what's Skarlet's true intentions are?" Asked Kung Lao

"Think about it Kung Lao if she's recruiting allies to join her Konquest to take over a realm, she just may target Earthrealm." Said Raiden

"And that's not all. She's making plans on getting the amulet." Raiden says making everyone turn to him.

"What could she need with the amulet?" Questioned Liu Kang with everyone wondering the same thing. Why was everyone so goddamned obsessed with the amulet? Shinnok wanted it, Quan Chi, even Raiden when he went dark and corrupt, now Skarlet wants it for what purpose?

"She is going to use it to possibly awaken and control the dragon king Onaga's undefeatable army." Raiden Answered with gasps of shock coming from Kitana, Kotal, and Jade.

"That's a name I haven't heard in many years." Said Kitana

"Onaga who is he?" Questioned Cassie with everyone wanting to know the same thing.

"Onaga the Dragonking was the former emperor of Outworld before Shao Khan. I've heard stories and tales about him when I once served Shao Khan." Said Kotal.

"And is army is vast and dangerous." Added Kitana as when she once served her "Father" she learned a little history about the former king of Outworld, she had managed to sneak in the archives to learn about Outworld's history and that the Dragon king Onaga was mentioned in it,along with his deadly army that is rumored to be undefeatable. When Shao Khan discovered about Kitana had learned he had punished her for that and had ordered that all history regarding Onaga to be destroyed, and if some still existed the penalty is death.