00

Prologue

Lee Mi-yeon, Lee Na-yeon's twin sister; both from a wealthy family, Mi-yeon is very different from her twin, she does not judge anyone for her economic situation, always very smiling, surprising many since they thought that she was just as selfish as her sister. Despite being different, her sisterly bond is beautiful, they are always together, both in the same room, they always help each other, Mi-yeon is the only one who can make Na-yeon stop fighting, she is the only one that can calm her down.

But... being Na-yeon's sister brought a disadvantage? The answer is yes.

A group of teenagers, especially boys, decided to make a bet, in which they had to see if Mi-yeon was really the same as her sister, to see if behind that kind girl attitude, she really was a selfish person. In that bet it consisted of fall in love Mi-yeon, being her boyfriend for a certain time and then throwing her out. It didn't matter if someone ended up heartbroken, and the one who was chosen to play the dirty game was Jang Wu-jin.

That boy accepted, Wu-jin and Mi-yeon were almost never sharing words, simply if they were for homework. At first the boy's behavior seemed strange to him, he sent her flowers, chocolates, wrote her letters, praised her making her blush, Mi-yeon fell into her trap, fell in love with him, Wu-jin took two months for the girl to fall in love with him. When he declared himself saying that he 'loved her', she, being innocent, reciprocated that feeling and they became boyfriends.

Everything was rosy for Mi-yeon, they went on dates, hugs and kisses, went for walks, did chores together, sweets were given away, and took pictures. Na-yeon did not agree about her twin's relationship, not because she was selfish, but because something was wrong, something did not add up, she did not like Wu-jin at all, it seemed strange that overnight he was already interested in his twin. Na-yeon loved his sister very much and didn't want someone to break her heart. This lasted a relationship of 6 months.

A month before their seventh month, Wu-jin started to withdraw, he behaved coldly, he no longer hugs her, he no longer gave her gifts, he doesn't talk to her, he completely ignores her, as if Mi-yeon stopped existing. She at first thought it was the stress of the exams, until she decided to talk to him face to face to find out the reason for him behavior.

Wu-jin's answer hit her like a bucket of cold water, he told her the truth, he told her directly without measuring his words since he wanted to get rid of her, that everything was a bet, that he never loved her, he didn't like the affection she gave him, which was very childish.

Mi-yeon broke into a thousand pieces, she felt humiliated, her tears flooded her cheeks, she wanted it all to be a bad dream, she wanted him to tell her it was a joke, but he never approached her. Her chest hurt from her, she gave all her trust to a boy who only played with her to earn money, a very ugly betrayal... did they have so much contempt for her? was she a toy? Mi-yeon felt fragile, as if she were a porcelain doll, which they had been having fun with for a while, when they saw that she was already boring them, they were throwing her away and breaking into a thousand pieces, which is a very difficult damage to repair; that's how Mi-yeon felt... used.

It hurt Na-yeon to see her sister suffer, she found out from her sister, Mi-yeon told her everything, and her hatred towards Wu-jin increased, Na-yeon could be anything they want, but what she hated the most was seeing as they made fun of their sister. It didn't take long for her to face Wu-jin, making the the boy afraid of Na-yeon, earning the hatred of his ex-sister-in-law.

That betrayal made Mi-yeon's feelings and emotions turn off, she was no longer the same cheerful Mi-yeon that everyone knew, she no longer spoke to anyone, she was always serious, the boys who truly loved Mi-yeon, she rejected them, fearing that they would use her again as their toy, she did not sit down to lunch with anyone, only with her sister, she started smoking to relax and forget that betrayal, without caring if she hurt herself. They completely destroyed it.