July 9th &13th Birthday and a Message

The sun hit him full on. Brightest morning he had felt on his skin since the in the new residence. "Fitting for my birthday," he thought as he reached out for Kris in anticipation of an early morning present of her personal making. As usual with dawn, he was ready and waiting.

He moved his hands over the warm skin of what was obviously her inner thigh, but when his hand was batted away with gusto, he opened his eyes.

The breeze moved the gauze drapes of the open veranda doorway, leaving the bright sun to hit the floor in a dazzling display and the bed with a skin tingling intensity.

Silhouetted against this, lay Robin looking directly into his eyes. "My God," he thought. 'I should have been more careful about where I moved my hands!"

"Robin!" He exclaimed, "What the Hell are you doing in here in bed wi' me? And where's Kris? She'll go crazy when she comes in here!"

"Not to worry, Bill," Robin replied. "Kris was up and out of the house at dawn. She's away on some expedition to pick up or buy a special present for you," she continued, "And by the look of you right now, it isn't the present you were looking for this morning, and I am certainly not willing to participate, but if you want I'll let Susan know - I'm sure she'll accommodate you!"

With a twinkle in here eye and a chuckle in her throat, Robin sat up and set her feet on the floor.

Not naked or even provocatively dressed, she, had Bill realized, come in to speak with him one on one. Nothing she hadn't seen before he recalled and so he too sat up and gave her a grin of his own.

"Just like Hong Kong," he said. "We'll have to stop meeting like this," and they both gave a laugh at the memory.

"Yeah," Robin responded. "And I'm glad you've put that thing of yours away for now. I just wanted a quick word before Susan and I get out of here.

We're going to head down to Osaka and play tourists. I get the feeling that if we stay here the rest of the week, Kris will kill her or at least make the attempt," Robin continued. "We'll be back Friday night though in plenty of time for the party."

Bill nodded his head, as the vision of Kris and Susan having it out with carving knives in the kitchen. "Not a good scenario," he whispered out.

Louder, he said, "So what's up Robin? I know all this shit with the government and the money must be a real shock to your system."

Robin stood up saying, "Yes indeed, and even more to my bosses in Sydney. They are totally confused by the entire situation and have asked me to get the hell out of here as soon as possible."

She continued, "I'd have done a great job for you and Kris, you know. It was personal to me in some way, and now I feel cut off at the knees."

She walked over to the veranda and went outside into the sun. 'God Bill," she said over her shoulder, "It's so stunning here when the humidity leaves and the air and sky are clear."

She motioned for him to come over and join her outside and when he was beside her, she took his hands in hers and said, "Look Bill, I know you and I can see it in your eyes, but I want to warn you - no more dissuade you from going forward and trying to complete this madness in Foros." She mover her hands up his arms, over his shoulders and onto both sides of his face.

Almost like a lover, she pulled his head down to hers until their foreheads were touching and her eyes were a mere inch away from his.

"Stand down Bill," she whispered. "Leave Foros alone. Kris is safe now and they'll leave you alone. My Boss told me that Joe Minor has lost interest in the whole thing now that the Americans' funds have been withheld.