The Journey and Her Song

Heya!

Here is the next chapter in the story! I'm sorry it took so long!

The pic on the side is what I think the island looks like -->

Comment,

Vote,

ENJOY!!

**************************************************************************************************************

Rima's P.O.V

I strolled ahead of the others, my wolves on either side of me. Dawn and Shadow were silent as we walked, their heads were low and it seemed as if they were forcing themselves to take each step.

I sighed slightly at this and clenched my fists. "It will be alright."

Two sets of amber eyes peeked up at me and I could see the hesitation and distrust in their eyes. They didn't believe me. That look caused a pang in my chest.

"You don't know that," Dawn mumbled, looking away.

"We may be too late," Shadow muttered on my other side.

My head swivelled to shoot him a look. Too late? "What do you mean?"

He sighed and glanced at Dawn before replying. "Whatever is taking over the island isn't just hurting people, Rima."

"Your pack," I breathed.

"Yeah," Dawn grumbled. "Helping them now may not help them, you know?"

"Your parents," I whispered finally catching on to why they were so down. What if they were right and we were too late? What if they parents were injured or dead even?

I felt the familiar feeling of anger bubble up within me and I scowled at the earth I walked on. I just couldn't wait to get onto this island and show these criminals what was coming their way.

"Rima?"

I jumped slightly at the sound of a voice next to me and glanced over to see Gaara walking along side me. I paused before coming to a full stop when his hand rested on my arm. Around us the others looked our way and even hesitated also before the sensei's pushed them on. Kakashi stilled for a moment though, to send a glare toward Gaara who ignored him.

"Yes?"

In silence the boy held up his hand and I frowned. Within his grasp were two samurai blades. I stared at the weapons for a few frozen moments before gasping and lunging at him, snatching the blades as I dragged him into a hug.

"Thank you, thank you," I mumbled into his neck as I held him close.

They were my samurai blades. My precious weapons that I'd held close to my heart and I had lost them in the Forest of Death when I'd fought Orochimaru. I never thought I'd see them again.

I eased back from his frozen body and glanced up at him. "How did you find them?"

"I went back for them," he muttered. I blinked at his response. Lost as to what I could say. I had the sudden urge to clutch him into another hug but resisted and settled for smiling at him.

"Thank you," I whispered to him before shrugging out of my coat and strapping the blades on so that the handles peeped out over my shoulders. I slipped the coat back on and tested pulling the weapons free. They slipped out with ease and I grinned at the familiar feeling of holding them in my grasp.

Twitching my wrists, I flicked the blades through the air and swished them around, liking the feeling of comfort and security they gave me.

"Rima!" Naruto screamed back. "Come on!"