15. Should I stay or should I go?

Jackie's p.o.v

After three days Ethan's cold was completely gone and we went to school. The good part was he was back to his normal self. The bad thing was that now he had to leave. And I hated it. I hated that so much I was angry since this morning when he and my dad told me they arranged a meeting with the organization.

After our second lunch break Tazia pulled me on the side to talk.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"That's what I was going to ask. You've been jumping in and out of moods all day."

"No I haven't."

"You ignored the twins and their jokes, you never said anything about my new shoes, Dom stole your homework and you...you haven't looked at Ethan this whole day. So I can conclude something is wrong with you."

I sighed. "I can't tell you."

"Alright and I am not asking you for details. But find a way to tell me what is bothering you."

I looked at the clock.

"We are going to be late for class."

"You are at the top of the class. Being late for five minutes won't get you detention."

I looked down at my hands. I was so angry. And so sad. When Ethan talks to his organization today he will leave soon after that.  I can't loose him. It's not fair.

"You are making different faces but I can't tell what's wrong." Taz complained.

"How..." I started. "How do you get over a feeling?" I looked at Taz who carefully observed me.

"What kind of feelings are we talking about here?" She asked suspiciously.

"Um..feelings of attachment." I added.

"Let me translate...Attachment towards someone?"

"Yes."

"Like a crush?"

"Mm...Yes."

A huge grin was glued on her face.

"Why would you want to get rid of it?" She asked and then she started randomly answering her own question. "It's because of Ethan is it? You don't want to hurt his feelings. Or are these feelings about Ethan? I knew something was going on...Is this person dying?"

"What?"

"Sorry Nicholas Sparks has taken over. I read his book last night."

"Who?"

"We are off topic. So I am going to ask again. Is this about Ethan? Is that why you don't want to look him in the eye?"

I nodded my head.

"Hmm." Surprisingly she didn't make a comment. She was rather in a deep thought.

"So we know Ethan likes you, it's obvious so it can't be because you think he doesn't feel the same way."

"He told me he likes me. While we were on the trip."

She gasped. "And you didn't tell me?"

"I was in shock."

"Why? You know other people have hit on you before..."

"Because I have the same feelings for him. And I didn't know. I didn't realize until he told me."