Hangman

In the time of the light before humans had the sight
Spent my life living blind with a picture in my mind
-

"Deal." Miguel was going to have whiplash at the darts thrown back and forth. "But I get to come to his graduation."

Her lip curled in disgust. "As long as I'm there too."

"We can make that work."

"C-can someone explain to me what's going on and stop pretending that I'm not here?!" Two pairs of green eyes and two sets of brown looked at him with various emotions on their faces. Maybe he did have the anger that ran in the family so well. "I-I can make my own decisions."

Diego snorted this time and shook his bead. "Nah, primo. You were brought be Jade and initiated by Jade. She makes the decisions."

"It's part of the family." Rico continued drumming his band day on the table. "The ranking, whatever you wanna call it. You owe it to your sponsor."

Jade rolled her eyes and sat back in her seat almost childishly. "I want something to drink."

Immediately a bodyguard came by with a water for everyone but Jade sneered and demanded the man to take a sip of it first. When he did she was satisfied and drank her water.

"Now Miguel. We talked child support but there's also the issue of, well, time. Most divorces are 50/50 in time with the kid so... 17 years without you is a lot to make up."

The implication that his father wanted him to stay for 17 years was a smack in the gut. Miguel knew it wasn't so that he could take his son to a fútbol game or to a concert. He was wanted for something sinister.

"A champion in karate. A fighter. A boy who defeated death."

"A boy who you ain't havin'."

Sebastían waved at his daughter dismissively and continued looking at Miguel. "The things we could do together, mijo. The things you can do..." he trailed off with glazed over eyes, ignoring the fear and disgust on Miguel's face before sighing dramatically. "But, alas. Your sister has bargained your freedom."

All heads snapped towards Jade who only sipped her water with a soon permanent scowl. "Dont look at me like that, pendejo. You wanted to meet him. Not me."

"She stays here and you go free. All of you."

Rico's eyes narrowed at Jade at the implication and longed to throttle her neck for the deal she had made. She didn't need to protect them, they were a team! A trio. She can't expect them to leave her behind?!

"Now, Rico. Diego. You are free. Mijo." He looked at each one pointedly with a growing smirk. "I will see you at your graduation. Whatever school you choose will be reported to me and I will fund it. Now, Gabriel please escort the Americans from my presence."

No one moved for a second and another sigh left Sebastían's lips. With a flick of his wrist guards went to sieze the three males and Jade sat quietly with her eyes boring into the table in rage.

"W-wait hold on a moment."

"What the fuck did you do Jade?!?"

"This isn't- Jade- fucking... shit!"

Jade listen to the struggles and bargains and swears as they were shoved from the house snd ultimately her new life. With a soft sigh Jade rested her hand on her chin and flared over at her father.

"¿Feliz?"

All he did was chuckle.

......

The boys were all but shoved out of the house violently and the door slammed shut. Miguel was first to hop up and slam the door with screams to follow in a desperate attempt to get Jade back.