Infatuated

"Cuz now you're alone with me. And this twelve year old boy can do whatever he wants now."

...

I could've sworn his pupils turned to slits. I battled with what to say next, if I was going to all. If I could form words. My stomach sort of dropped and I'm sure I looked as helpless as can be while I still clutched the door handles. I didn't take what he said lightly. Not what he lead with nor ended with. To make things worse, I was well aware he could do whatever he wanted and get away with it. I didn't have a speck of assurance on my side he'd not do something unthinkable.

I found the courage to ask, "W-What exactly do you plan on doing?"

His wolfish expression could be mistaken for mesmerized. Must've been an overwhelm of unbelief that he was able to trap me in here. It's not like he doubted he could do it. He lured me the last time by stealing my bag and...well you all know. Only this time he didn't have to lift a finger.
He took a step closer. And where was I gonna go, nowhere, if I applied anymore force on the door I might bust through the glass. Honestly, I'll take that. In this moment, I felt like the bleeding girl on the concrete. Needing to make a quick escape.

Both his hands slammed above me onto the doors' metal frame, the echo sending my heart rate through the roof.

"I only want you to talk to me."

?

"You talk to me every chance you get. And not in a nice way either," I said.

"Cuz every time I do, you acting uppity. I just want a civil conversation between us. That too much?"

"It can be civil, but you always seem to shift the dialogue by being rude. So, yes, it is."

"Maybe the result will differ."

Are you serious? "There was enough talking after you put this on me." I rubbed my scar hoping to make him feel guilty. I never learn, he only smacked his teeth.

"We could really move past that, but you won't let it go," he blew, tilting his head in disappointment.

I shook my mine disgusted and pulled my phone out. I was in the midst of texting Jabari to come get me out of here effective immediately. Damien snatched it out of my hands before I could send the message.

"I'm fucking talking to you, bitch," he barked so belligerently it shocked me.

My mouth fell agape at how condescending he sounded. It reminded me of the "in trouble" tone my dad has to use on my other siblings. He never spoke to me like that, but it somehow always put a lump in my throat. Yes, Damien called me a bitch before in the same manner, but how he did it now..was demeaning. Like I was nothing..but clearly I am something if I upset him that much.

You want to "move on" but talk to me like I'm some street rat. Some things won't change I see. I can't be anymore sickened.

I reached for it, but of course his athleticism made me look a fool. I was an athlete too, but unfortunately not that type.

"Don't. Disrespect. Me. You ain't getting this back until you learn not to do so."

I was appalled. "Learn?"

"Yes." He walked across the library and tossed my phone up to the tallest book shelf he could reach. These cases were tall and he was just as big. "Now you have to. Only I can get your shit down, no step stool in here will help you."

This was unbelievable. Unheard of even. I won't give this any life. Since using my words to rebut against him made things worse, I'll stop. Wrong choice. On a whim I walked toward him, but trying to go around him if that makes sense. The only thing that stood between me and my phone was this Goliath, and here I am, David, only it's looking like a different ending. He ceased my determination when he moved where I moved.