Gotcha

"Aye, there he go!" Q loudly whispered to me. His intent was to watch for six coming out of the field house without him noticing us.

When he emerged he was dressed in a fitted shirt printed with a capital A and shorts, wearing athletic tights and the shoes Q took out in his hand, bag on his shoulder. After making the decision to stay behind to find the lil heifer, we thought it would be a good idea to wait until six left the showers, I guess that's where he went. He would lead us right where she was.

It's just common sense.

He looked around before jogging in the direction of the home side stadium. We were trying to stay out of site, so we let him get to the top of the concrete bleachers before following.

"He must be late to something cuz he just keep getting more and more out of sight," said Q ducking next to me behind trees n' shit as we straggled.

Eventually, six opened the door to the tunnel hallway that connected the old gym and the old weight room. Once we got to the door he went into the one that lead into the gym. Jackpot.

"They should be in there," I assured. "How the hell we supposed to look in there without being seen? It's no windows," asked Q.

"Only one way to do it." I looked to a sitting latter on the wall and then up at the ceiling.

"Nigga....fuck no."

——————————————————————

"I can't believe you got my black ass up here. You better hope I don't fall and die," Q complained.

"Man shut the fuck up, I thought you wasn't scared of nothing."

"Nigga, Ian never included heights in 'nothing'!"

The gym has big gables on its front and back sides with a row of small square windows that let light into it. Well they seem big as hell now that we up here. With the extension of the latter we got our big asses to the top to peak in on these damn girls.  We were able to lay slanted on small portion of roof lining the seal. It took us forever to do it cuz Quentin monkey ass kept slipping. Nigga had no grip.

"Well you up here now, so be quiet, shit."

He smacked his teeth and turned the ball over in his hand repeatedly.

They looked like they was on a set it seemed. Two dudes were messing with big cameras and the girls was sitting around in front of big curtains that blocked off some of the court. "Damn I can't tell who nobody is. They all got fucking ponytails. There go Jordyn, Kam tall ass.....That's all I can see bruh," Q pointed out. "Told yo blind ass you need glasses," I insisted.

"Fuck I look like wearing glasses?"

I rolled my eyes and looked back inside. "They getting up, look like they making some kinda video. I think they bout to start dancing."

"Probably," Q replied.

"Her face is in my head and I know she kinda little, but I can barely tell either. Aye, you remember how she move? You may can point her out," I suggested. "Not really. Maybe when they start she'll jog my memory," he said.

Right when he said that the bass of music being cut on vibrated through the building.

(this is a collegiate level team...the characters in the book are not these people, this part of the book is simply inspired by this video made by them...this is what Damien and Quentin are seeing...the dialogue and credits at the end can be ignored.)