Exposed

The next morning, I drove Gorya to school for the first time. It was a journey, to say the least. However, my driving skills improved from the first time I drove with Uncle Ken to school.

Gorya clutched the handlebar above her window and nervously asks, "Are you sure you can drive?" I nodded nonchalantly, "I've been driving for a few weeks now since I got my license. You're actually the first person I'm driving with instead of Uncle Ken."

"I am?!" she exclaims. I touch my right eardrum from the volume, "Ok, you don't have to scream, you're too paranoid. You're making me nervous." She takes a deep breath and rests her palm on her beating heart, "Ok, I'll be calm." I chuckled and pulled into the parking lot.

After I parked, we got out of the car to witness a full marathon. Some were walking, looking at us with weird glances, and whispering around us. I put my backpack over my shoulder–suddenly mindful of the tension. Gorya is unaware, texting someone on her phone. I walk around the car, and hook my arm in her's as I guide both of us to school.

"Do you know why everyone is staring at us?"

She puts her phone inside her bag and looks around, she turns to me, "I-I don't know." I spot a group of students inside huddling around a board. My stomach grows sicker and sicker as we make our way toward the cafeteria. She lets go of my arm and walks ahead of me.

More people run to the board alongside me. I push past a few students and see Gorya in the center of a circle, looking shocked. My eyes meet the contents of the board, full of provocative pictures of Gorya in bunny ears and a...well...a cute dress, I thought to myself.

Thyme walks toward the board and he looks pissed. I hear a few snickers behind me:

"Look at Gorya. So embarrassing"

"So shameless."

"What a slut."

I look back and shoot daggers into every one of their souls–they rightfully shut up. "What have you done?", Thyme asks Gorya, taking a step closer to her. She tries to explain herself, "I haven't done anything."

"Really?" he asks. Then he motions to the board, "What is all this?" Gorya feels desperate to clear her name. She quickly tries to make up a reason, "I've been framed." Thyme scoffs and takes a picture off of the board and shoves it in her face. "Is this photoshopped? Huh? Do you think I'm stupid?"

Gorya doesn't answer but feels anger festering inside of her. She thinks, does he really think that low of me? Thyme doesn't stop with his insults and goes for more, "I used to think you had more dignity, but you're just an easy girl-"

"Stop!" She screams at him and pushes him back. "If you're just going to believe what you see...why bother asking me? It's not like you'll believe me, right?"

"Whatever I, see?" Thyme asks, he raises the photo again. "Isn't this you?"

Gorya blinks but, doesn't falter as she says, "It is me." Thyme's eyes were enraged, hurt, and betrayed all at once. He felt so angry he crumpled the photo, and threw a chair across the tables. That was a bit much. He looks back at her before walking away, feeling disgusted.

Jane walks towards Gorya and says, "Do you have any conscience? How dare you do that to Thyme? I never took you as a whore." Her snarky giggles could be heard in the whole cafeteria. I clench my fists as I walk towards my best friend, and say, "The show is over you can leave now, instead of slut-shaming her."

Jane looks me up and down and sneers, "You're defending her after all of this? Seems like you two are the same." I step closer to her face and she looks shocked at my daring action. "At least, we are your favs biggest problem. What are you?" I said in a low voice. Jane's expression makes a full 180 from a smirk to a glare.