27

Chapter Twenty Seven - Texas Bound

New Year's Eve.

"Jude, will you please tell me where we're going now?" I ask as I step out of the bedroom of the private jet.

His eyes darken in desire as they roam over my figure clad in a purple sequin dress. I've paired it with black heels and gold jewelry as well as curled my hair. He's being very secretive about where we're going and all I got out of him was to get ready for a New Year's Eve party two hours before we land. We've been flying for quite a while but I'm not allowed to look outside, ask anyone nor have the screens on to see the destination.

After checking my makeup and making sure I've got everything in my clutch I turn to him with a bemused look. He grins boyishly before standing when we've landed safely and grabs my hand. We make our way to the door of the plane and I thank the staff before following him outside. It's evening time and as I walk down to the tarmac I still don't recognize where we are until I spot a sign that says Dallas/Fort Worth Airport. My jaw drops and I turn to Judah with a shocked expression.

"We're in Texas and you're going to meet my family! Surprise!" He exclaims but I don't match his excitement.

"I'm breaking up with you. Have a nice life." I salute him before walking back into the plane. "Mister Pilot! Get this thing up in the air pronto! We're going back!"

"Dove! Come on...don't be like that! I'm sorry...I just wanted it to be a surprise!" He whines as he pulls me back while our luggage is being taken out and loaded into a car.

"It'd be a nice surprise if I had met them before Judah!" I huff as I pull away from his embrace. "They're going to hate me! Oh god, I should've fucking known you'd do this! Ugh!"

"They don't hate you Mace." He rolls his eyes as he leans against the car waiting for my panic session to be over. "You told me what to tell them and I did. They don't think of you differently."

"How the hell am I even going to introduce myself?!" I snap as I throw my arms up in exasperation. "Hi, I'm Marcella Quintana...yes the daughter of the fucking nutjob who wanted to kill your son. My dad is the reason why you couldn't see your son for months! It's so nice to meet you."

He chuckles at my sarcasm before pulling me into his arms. I sigh and rest my forehead against his as he massages the tension out of my shoulders. "They don't care my love. I promise you that. All they're going to see is the wonderful woman I've fallen head over heels for and they will love you without judgement."

I stare at him for a moment before nodding. "Okay."

"Good girl." He murmurs before placing a lingering kiss to my forehead. "Let's get in yeah?"

We buckle up in the car as Judah drives out of the airport grounds and towards the center of Dallas before I turn to him. "You promise I can run away if your family don't like me?"

"I promise." He leans over to kiss me sweetly. "But it won't happen."

"Wait...what about work? How long are we here for?"

"We're here for a month and are going back after Noah's birthday on third February. I contacted Griffin and booked days off for you. We're both going to be working for two weeks before we're officially on holiday." He explains and I nod in understanding.

Judah tells me his home is roughly forty minutes away from the center of Dallas. He plays my favorite music which helps me to calm down a little as we jam out in the car. When we finally get into the heart of Dallas I watch him with a soft smile as he lights up with joy. He takes a little detour and drives around to show me all the places he used to hang out at when he was younger along with his school.