20

Chapter Twenty - Soothe

Marcella Quintana's P.O.V.

"Hey." I croak out and try to smile but wince when the cut on my lip aches in protest.

Everyone's jaws drop and they stare at me with wide horrified eyes. Judah heaves in a shuddering breath as he steps closer before dropping to his knees before me. His eyes fill with tears as they roam over my battered body.

His mouth opens and closes a few times before he's finally able to get a word out. "What –"

"I'm okay. It's not as bad as it looks...honest." I rush to reassure him but sigh when his eyes light up in fury.

"Not as bad – he fucking beat you within an inch of your life Macy!" He roars as Parker races through the door with a medical kit. "You're covered in blood and dirt, there's bruises and cuts all over you! What happened?!"

I'm ready to explain but Cole cuts me off by walking over to check my hair in confusion. "Where's the hair clip?"

"Guys...hold on a second. These look like they were treated but some cuts have opened again and are bleeding. I need to do a check-up." Parker murmurs to himself as he tilts my face gently before meeting my tired gaze. "Anything serious I should know about?"

"I was shot on the back of my left thigh but Rodrigo cleaned it up. There's some knife wounds that have been stitched up too but I'm feeling a lot of pain still." I explain quietly but Parker narrows his eyes at me in suspicion.

"What else Marcella?" Griffin asks softly but I can still see the fury in his eyes.

"I was whipped and my back is really sore. I think it started to bleed again when I landed but I haven't had the chance to check." I whisper as tears brim my eyes over the stinging pain.

"Can you try and lean forward Mar?" Reece asks gently and helps to push me forward before she inhales sharply. "Oh my god! Parker!"

Everyone crowds around behind me and I bite my lip when they swear simultaneously. I had felt blood drip down my back when I was in the car but I kept going in and out of sleep to take care of it. Plus, it feels like my ribs are bruised too so just moving my body in any way hurts like a bitch.

I watch Parker rush to pull out supplies and dressings while instructing Judah to carefully cut my sweatshirt. A pained whimper escapes me when he tries to pull the material away from my skin but it's stuck to the dressings that Rodrigo had applied which are now soaked with blood.

"Someone get me a rag and lukewarm water quick!" Parker instructs and Reece hurries away to grab it.

Griffin hands me painkillers and a glass of water before taking a seat on the coffee table. "What happened Marcella? Why was the hair clip's audio off?"

I explain everything and tell them how I left it off under the impression that my father was only calling me in for another briefing. Harsh breaths, distressed cries and tears escape me as Cameron and Judah work on removing the material stuck to my back. I recall everything that happened over the past few hours only to watch Griffin's expression become even more appalled. Before he can say anything though he gets a call.

"Cameron?" He breathes in surprise and my head whips up. "Yes, she's here. She's safe."

"Is he okay?!"

"He's fine and doesn't want you to worry. Your dad doesn't suspect him." Griffin repeats what my brother tells him before standing and walking off. "Yes, I have time."