17

*** This is a clean version of Chapter 17. For anyone who is over 18 years, you can find a book on my profile called 'The Forbidden Diaries' which contains the explicit version. If any problems occur where you cannot view the book then you may have to follow me. Reading the explicit version is done at your own choice as I have made sure to notify you beforehand.***

Chapter Seventeen - Risky Business

Two Days Later.

"What's the update?" My dad asks as soon as he joins the meeting without so much as a hello.

I expected this but roll my eyes in annoyance regardless which thankfully he can't see. "I've got a meeting with her at two tomorrow. She'll be sending a car to pick me up from the hotel."

"Good. Cameron will have eyes on you and we've already got our men near their base ready to infiltrate when you give us the signal." He explains and I nod as I brace my hands on the surface of the table.

"Cool. I'll turn my body camera on before I leave the hotel." I reply as I flick through Alejandra's file for the tenth time. "Anything else?"

"Actually...I want her alive."

That piques my interest and I pause. "You...what?"

"Yes, I have some questions for her about their operations." He replies and I can almost hear the smugness in his tone. "I want to take over Mexico once she's out of the picture."

Of fucking course, I think to myself before frowning when I hear a creak. I look up at the mirror in front of me before turning to look behind me but spot nothing out of the ordinary in my small hotel room. Shrugging I turn back to the dark screen where my dad waits for my reply.

"Understood. I'll drug her and bring her back." I make a mental note before frowning. "Has the transport schedule to get me out of here changed or are we good?"

"No. A car will be waiting for you –"

I cut him off with a loud yelp when I feel hands run up my bare legs and squeeze my ass. Judah's reflection stares back at me in the mirror when I look up and he smirks devilishly. He closes his eyes and nuzzles his nose into the crook of my neck with a serene expression as his arms encircle my waist. My emotions rapidly switch from shock to happiness as I whirl around to hug him tightly.

"What's wrong Marcella?" My father yells and I gulp harshly.

"N-Nothing...sorry, just noticed a spider." I chuckle nervously and hear him huff angrily in response.

I turn to see Judah closing all the curtains of the room before he walks back to me. I analyze him from head to toe and frown worriedly when I spot the scratches and bruising on his right cheekbone and jaw. Bandages cover his left hand and are securely fastened around his wrist. He smiles gently and watches me as I caress the space underneath his bruising skin.

All the stress and worry from the past few days of not knowing how or where he is catches up to me. The sight of him hurt only adds to that and tears brim my eyes immediately. His eyes widen in concern before he shakes his head and wipes my tears away. He points to himself and gives me a thumbs up indicating that he's fine.

"Marcella, you're a trained killer but you're still scared of a damn spider! ¡Ay, Dios mío!" My dad mutters in annoyance before shuffling some papers. "As I was saying...once you drug Alejandra get her to the car that'll be waiting for you outside the base. It'll take you to a helipad about twenty minutes away. From there you'll be taken to an airstrip where the private jet will bring you home with the guards. Is that clear?"