23

Chapter Twenty Three - World of Pain

My eyes follow the numerous men making their rounds outside the windows of the room we're being held in. I manage to see at least four rows of men and woman surrounding the house while knowing there's so many more out there.

"Are you okay?" I murmur when Reece groans as she shifts.

"Fine." She grunts before settling again. "Stab wound on my left is just irritating me a little."

My eyes widen and I lean forward as much as my chains will allow me. She chuckles and waves off my concern. I sigh heavily as I sit back and my gaze roams over the rest of the guys in the room. We're all currently in metal cages that they had brought in with chains connected to a heavy stone ball outside.

I had used what little negotiating power I had to get their wounds tended to as much as possible. They had taken our weapons off us but I threatened to slit my throat with a razor I had in my bra if they didn't help them. Once I was satisfied and they couldn't do much else with their scarce amount of supplies they wrestled the razor from my hands.

I've lost track of time but one thing I'm certain of is that Cameron should have leaked everything to the media by now. We just don't know for sure since he won't be able to reach us via phone as planned. Hopefully he'll realize something is wrong, I think to myself as my eyes lock with Judah's tired ones.

I feel guilty when I see that he's resting his weight on his good side. He shoots me a small smile before mouthing 'I love you,' which makes me grin. Everyone else is heavily injured except for me since they protected me during the fight. It only makes my heart ache and I pray that my father doesn't hurt them more when he arrives.

I narrow my eyes at Judah when I think of something. "Don't rile my dad up...in fact, don't say a word unless he's about to hurt you."

"Noted."

"Liar." I seethe and he chuckles in response. "I'm serious Judah! That goes for the rest of you too. I don't want any of you to get hurt further so just let me deal with him."

"Noted." They state at the same time with smirks which only makes me angrier.

"Guys...please just do as I say. He wants me alive meaning he won't hesitate to kill you if you piss him off." I explain to try and knock some sense into them.

"Him wanting you alive doesn't mean he's going to take you with him and treat you like a princess Marcella. He's going to torture you for what you did." Parker sits up with a frown while Griffin stands to stare out of the window he's close to.

"I know that –"

"You're only halfway healed too Mace. You won't be able to endure him for long...you won't make it." Judah argues and I sigh in frustration.

"But you all will! That's the point!"

"You're so fucking cold hearted sometimes!" He fumes as he glowers at me. "Like you said to your brother, you're not some hero."

"Judah –" Cole starts but I interrupt him.

"I don't consider myself one but if I –"

"Lovers spat?"

The familiar voice of my father makes my blood run cold as we all turn to see him stepping into the room with a sinister smile. I stand as his eyes meet mine and refrain from wincing when I recognize the rage burning within them. He tuts as he walks around the room, peering at everyone in their own cells before stopping in front of mine. I stare at him unyielding as he crosses his arms behind his back.