chapter :23 PHOENIX

ALot of times I wondered how did I end up here I was once 17,beautiful and radiant and now I am divorced and a  mother to two kids .society still questions why I left ,they said I should have stayed. what life could a divorced woman build for herself? that every woman's happiness was at her husband's house but that's the thing they never seem to understand ,I was never happy. I was  broken both physically and mentally ,they said I should have been a little more patient . How many women had to stay in marriages like mine for fear of divorce stigma .maybe when the life from my body had been completely strung out would be the right time to finally leave. It is true my life is far from what I had imagined but I will not wilt and break .

I have lived a life more than many in a single lifetime I have lived a thousand times, I have loved, I have lost and now it is time for me to spread my wings, although, broken by the cruel nature of this world , I will be happy ,for with every hardship comes ease .perhaps, what I wanted was bad for me and Allah's knows best. I should have known this life is nothing but a test ,a fleeting moment and we will go back to the hereafter and Allah tests you according to your Iman so I accept this test with a smile for it is an honour.

And I know the scars and bruises are still there
The echoes of him yelling at me will still remain
But as long as the wind still caresses my face when it blows
As long as the rain still drops on my skin when it falls
As long as the stars still shine upon me every night
I am loved
I am remembered
I am cherished
I am a beauty that runs like wild fire

I will give myself a life of happiness and my children too. I am more than the fingers they point at me and more than the words they say behind my back I am am poetry bathed in metaphors .I don't know what the future holds but I am free from my shackle if a lot was lost I gained something still,my freedom ,my self worth ,my career and my beautiful kids .I am not battered ,I am Phoenix and I will rise from ashes. And when a Phoenix resurrects from flames she is even more beautiful than before.

THE END......

Finally started something and finished it, I love the process although draining and time consuming.  Every time I go through this book I am proud of how committed I have been 6 months of writing and alhamdulillah I have come to the end of this book. It is clear what the lessons of this  book is , I am not saying all arranged marriage end up badly but I am trying to say a girl has the right to choose her spouse especially if he is a decent person,  and no matter how hard it seems we should listen to our parents and vice versa.  For a man to get married he should at least be able to provide for his family . And women should be protected and that is why men are superior to us ,they are suppose to shield us from alot. And at times women stay in abusive home because society will judge them because a divorced woman is an object of ridicule ,the most distasteful of lawful things to Allah is divorce but they are conditions in which divorce is necessary . May Allah make it easy for us all....and finally the life of this dunya is nothing but a test and with complete faith in his mercy and wisdom life would always turn out well ..not perfect because after all perfection is only in the hereafter.