18: Psycho

"He isn't here? What do you mean Leedo isn't here?" Xion's voice was raised a little out of concern, a hint of sadness within his tone as well.

Seoho turned around completely, leaning against the counter. Hwanwoong noticed a dangerous look that appeared for only a moment in the oldests eyes. And suddenly he remembered Ravn's warning to Leedo, how he shouldn't of left the room last night because he can't fight Seoho, and something about a risk. It left a bad feeling in Hwanwoong's gut to say the least.

"He left for work." Seoho put it simply, shrugging his shoulders for the added effect.

Xion scrunched his face in confusion. "But Leedo doesn't work today. And even then he would've—"

"He told me he got called in last minute." Seoho cut off, eyes widening slightly after realizing the younger wasn't done speaking. "Ahh, sorry."

Xion waved one of his hands, a way of showing that he silently accepted the apology. A pout on his lips. "I still thought he would've texted me to tell me."

Keonhee ended up turning around too at this point, previously muting the television so it wouldn't be any more of a distraction. He didn't say anything, instead he was just merely watching and listening to everything.

"Yeah I don't know. Apparently one of his coworkers was suddenly hospitalized, so he had very short notice to get there." Seoho shrugged his shoulders again as he explained. He pulled out his phone, tapped a few buttons, and approached the couch. "See, the message is very unlike his usual texting, so I just assumed he was running while typing."

Xion took the olders phone and looked down at the screen. Both Keonhee and Hwanwoong moved to look at the message as well, reading it over silently.

Hey Seohoo just gor message abt coworler calling out. Apparently they're in hospatil. Idk whole sotry. Sry if i worried you when i left suddelny. In a hurry. Supposedly really busy tiday. Tell others i went in pls. And idk when ill be backc either. Also tell Xion im sorry and he can tell others the nws we wanted to tekk.

Xion returned the phone after he read the message, furrowing his brows again.

"Yeah he must've been running and just in a rush." Xion muttered, shaking his head slightly. "He never uses abbreviations or has that many typos."

Seoho shrugged, pocketing his phone. "Yeah, I just hope he doesn't have to work too late."

That bad feeling in Hwanwoong's gut didn't go away after reading the text like he hoped it would. If anything, it made the feeling worse. Way worse. From what happened last night to this strange texting pattern shown now, Hwanwoong just knew that something was wrong. But he didn't know how to prove it. He'd ask Ravn for help in this situation, but the boy in the mirror is yet again nowhere to be seen.

"What's this news he was talking about?" Keonhee spoke up, repositioning on the couch to sit like normal, just facing the youngest.

Xion bit his lip, looking very unsure of himself in that moment.

"I'll just tell you guys later when he gets back." Xion sounded a little disappointed when he answered.

"Are you sure? I mean he said himself you could tell us." Seoho leaned his hip against the side of the couch, kind of hovering between Keonhee and Xion, his back to the first mentioned.

The youngest nodded his head. "I'm sure. It wouldn't feel right to tell you guys without him here."

"Must be serious then." Keonhee trailed off, once again readjusting himself to face the tv. Which he proceeded to unmute and hum along to the song that was being performed.