09: A Dance to Remember

Taking a breath, Hwanwoong checked himself over once more. He decided that today he would go to Level Up and join in one of the large get-together sessions, or whatever else it's meant to be called. He wore something that he wouldn't usually practice in, rather something he would perform in. A decorative, grey-ish long-sleeve shirt, the front part being tucked into black pants that were slightly torn at his knees. He had a pair of ankle-high boots that he's going to put on, but only when he's ready to leave.

As he ran a hand through his hair, he jumped when his reflection suddenly changed. Hwanwoong let out a breath, tapping his hand anxiously against his leg.

"You look fine, why do you worry so much?" Ravn stated, tilting his head to the side and showed a half-smile.

Hwanwoong shook his head, turning to leave his room. He was stopped when Ravn grabbed his reflections wrist. The grip was tight, not allowing Hwanwoong to move even if he wanted to.

"Talk to me." Ravn's voice lowered an octave, the sound lingering in Hwanwoong's head.

"I'm just nervous." Hwanwoong laughed, being forced backwards to face the mirror again. "I don't know how many people attend these things, or the performance level that—"

A knock cut Hwanwoong off, his eyes widened as he looked towards his bedroom door in fear. It started to open, making Hwanwoong rush to grab his phone. He intended to put it up against his ear, but the door was already open before he could do that.

"Hey Hwanwoong." Seoho leaned against the opening, eyes scanning around the youngers room. "Were you just talking to someone?"

"I...yeah, I was on a call." Hwanwoong's cheeks grew red, his eyes briefly caught a glimpse of the mirror where Ravn stood with his arms crossed. That mischievous smirk plastered on his reddened lips. "It's okay I hung up."

"Oh, are you going somewhere?" Seoho asked, a hint of skepticism behind his voice. He eyed the boy up and down, taking in his outfit. "It's kind of late."

Hwanwoong recalled the conversation between Leedo and Seoho from about two weeks ago now. He stiffened up unconsciously, not wanting for the same thing to happen between himself and the oldest. Sure, Leedo and Seoho have made up, but there was still an odd tension every once and a while.

"Yes, I am. There's a thing going on at the studio." Hwanwoong nodded his head, looking down at his phone for the time. "I should probably go now."

"Aww so other people get to see you dance before we do?" Keonhee appeared out of nowhere, leaning an arm against Seoho's shoulder. A pout was evident in his voice as well as on his face.

Hwanwoong laughed nervously. He tensed up even more when he felt a hand against the mark on his neck. Playing it off, he rolled his head to the side, hoping Ravn would get the hint and remove his hand. When the hand applied more pressure though Hwanwoong sensed that the boy in the mirror was perhaps not in the right state of mind.

"I mean, yeah?" Hwanwoong replied, moving to the side which relieved the pressure from his shoulder. He took that chance to stand up and motion for the others to leave. "I already told you where you could find my covers if you wanted to watch them that badly."

"It's different seeing it in person though." Keonhee continued to pout, plopping down on the couch. He then muttered seemingly to himself. "Plus I've already watched the majority of your covers."

Hwanwoong shrugged, showing a smile as he put on his shoes.

"Maybe someday." The shortest said, his voice coming out in a sing-song way. "But I really have to go now."

"Fine." Keonhee faked being upset, crossing his arms and pouting even more. But his demeanor changed when Hwanwoong got to the front door, waving at his friend like a madman. "Blow their minds Hwanwoong!"