04: Reality

It was about midday when Hwanwoong began stirring from his sleep. He rolled over onto his side, bringing a hand up to rub the side of his face. Taking in a deep breath he then sat upright, eyes scanning around the room finding nothing out of the ordinary.

Just as he did that the door opened, Seoho walking in the room with a glass of water.

"Oh, your awake?" Seoho asked, turning on the light and sitting on the side of Hwanwoong's bed. "How are you feeling?"

"A lot better." Hwanwoong sighed, nodding his head with a small smile.

"You look a lot better too." Seoho commented, handing the shorter the glass.

Hwanwoong hummed, accepting the water and drinking it. "Thank you for helping me. I'm sorry for causing so much trouble just after getting here."

"Ahh, don't apologize." Seoho waved a hand in front of him in a dismissive way. "It's fine, truly. I'm just glad your feeling better."

"Yeah, me too." Hwanwoong replied, looking around the room briefly, still finding nothing strange.

"Do you want to come out and eat?" Seoho offered, pointing back at the door. "We had lunch delivered, and there's plenty of food."

Hwanwoong thought it over, trying to decide if he was hungry or not. Or even if he was ready to interact with the others. Because he could very well stay in bed and curl up under his sheets, getting some more rest in the process.

"I mean no pressure, this is just a random time when we're all home and not doing anything." Seoho shrugged his shoulders, a slight pout on his lips. "That's why we ordered food. We're just sitting around the couch, watching tv and whatnot."

Then Hwanwoong recalled a specific scene from his strange dream the night prior. That strange person-like thing in the mirror....

"Yeah, I think I'll come out." Hwanwoong muttered, stretching his arms. "I'm not really hungry, but I need a change of scenery."

"Alright." Seoho stood up, looking over his shoulder. Hwanwoong noticed Seoho's eyes scan over his room, landing on the mirror for a few seconds, before making his way to the door. "I'll let the others know. Take your time."

Hwanwoong nodded his head, watching the older shut the door behind himself. He let out a sigh, standing up and stretching out his sore limbs. He checked over his shoulder every once and a while as he pulled out a clean pair of clothes, checking for another presence.

"Maybe it really was just a fever dream." Hwanwoong muttered, pulling his shirt over his head only to put a different, clean one on. "It had to just be a strange dream."

He dressed comfortably, sweats and an oversized shirt. Assessing himself, he felt well enough to walk around but still not one hundred percent. He didn't exactly feel nauseous, but knew he wouldn't be able to eat anything. He felt sore, kind of worn out, but needed to get up and move around anyways, knowing he could feel a lot worse later if he didn't.

Checking himself over in the mirror, he ran a hand through his hair, knowing he would probably take a long shower later.

Putting a hand on the doorknob, Hwanwoong paused. He was really about to present himself while looking and feeling gross, but then again his roommates seemed to be understanding.

"He's alive!" Keonhee cheered, throwing his hands up in the air when Hwanwoong walked out of his room.

Hwanwoong smiled at that, lowering his head slightly in a way to hide his small laugh. He made his way over to the living space, sitting on the floor besides the short end of the coffee table. Leedo, Keonhee, and Xion sat on the couch in that order, Seoho on the floor on the opposite end of the coffee table.