12: Tension

"I'm okay Seoho, I promise I don't need anything." Hwanwoong faked a smile and laugh, feeling like that was the hundredth time he's reiterated those words.

"Okay, I just wanted to make sure." Seoho sheepishly replied from the dining table. The oldest was busy working on his studies. Textbooks and notebooks scattered about on the surface, filling the entire table. Luckily everyone already ate dinner.

Seoho returned to his work while Hwanwoong and Keonhee returned to the show they were watching. Keonhee sat in the middle spot on the couch, Hwanwoong's legs going across his lap. Hwanwoong insisted he was fine and didn't exactly need to lay with his legs extended, but he was basically manhandled into this position, having to turn his head to watch the tv.

Every once and a while Seoho would start singing a song that was being performed on the show, which almost always ended up with Keonhee joining in. Hwanwoong would sit in awe at how well his housemates can sing, for a brief moment he wondered why they weren't perusing the idol career. And when they would sing, his arms would unconsciously do the moves to dances he knew, which didn't go unnoticed by the tallest in the room.

After a while Hwanwoong got bored, but he didn't exactly want to move. One, because he was admittedly comfortable in his current position, and two, he refused to go back to his room as of right now. The subtle burning of the mark on his shoulder was the reminder that Ravn wasn't in a good mood. Hwanwoong wasn't going to risk going into his room, where the boy could potentially hurt him, despite the idea that he couldn't get too extremely hurt. But it wasn't a theory that Hwanwoong wanted to test out right now.

Pulling out and checking his phone, he responded to texts that his grandmother sent him some time earlier that day. He must have been too distracted to not have noticed the notifications, but there was nothing he could do about that now. Reassuring the older woman that he was okay and confirming that he finally received that care package she sent a while ago. To Hwanwoong's surprise she responded to him almost right away, they talked for a little while, until the conversation turned into the two scolding one another for being up so late. In the end they both promised they would go to bed soon, and to talk more often.

Having nothing else to do, Hwanwoong scrolled through social media, liking random posts and whatnot. He said he'd go to bed soon, not right now. Plus his grandmother wouldn't know anyways.

"Oh, I should probably do that." Hwanwoong muttered to himself, unintentionally saying the words aloud.

Keonhee hummed, tearing his gaze from the screen. "Do what?"

Hwanwoong looked up from his phone, confused.

"You were talking." Keonhee laughed, encouraging the younger to continue a few moments later.

"Oh, I didn't realize." Hwanwoong mumbled, cracking a smile and looking back at his phone. "Seeing as I can't dance I remembered I should probably message Juyeon, one of the owners of the dance studio."

"Are you not going to work?" Seoho leaned back in his chair, stretching as he held Hwanwoong's gaze.

"No, I was still going to try to go." Hwanwoong explained, though he was still debating the idea in his head. "I just don't think I should dance, cause that'll put a lot of pressure on my feet. But I should be fine and Juyeon will probably be able to find something for me to do where I can also be sitting."

Seoho nodded his head, resting his head against his hand. He looked tired, the workload in front of him didn't seem to be getting any smaller either.