15: Missing

"Yes I promise I'm okay." Hwanwoong muttered into his phone, holding the device up to ear as he glanced around the familiar street. "Of course grandma, I'd let you know if it was something serious. But really, my feet are healing just fine."

He had been talking to his grandmother the entire walk home from work. It was nice catching up again, it's been a while since they had last talked to each other over the phone like this. Hearing each other's voices was reassuring, it wasn't something they could get just through text messages.

"Alright, I'm at the share-house, so I'll call again soon." Hwanwoong walked through the gate and stalled near the stairs. He waited for the older woman to finish her goodbyes, and last few heartfelt messages before walking up the stairs. "I'll text later, I love you."

Hwanwoong pulled the phone away from his ear after listening to similar words from his grandmother. He was getting ready to press the end call button, but the call hung up before he could get to it. Hwanwoong couldn't help but smile to himself. He wouldn't say it aloud, but he did kind of miss his old home, and being with his grandmother. For how worried he can be about her sometimes, he sure doesn't show or express it as much as he should.

Upon inserting his key, the door opened to a louder house than Hwanwoong thought he'd be entering. It wasn't obnoxiously loud, but the television was on and he could hear talking. He glanced down at the time on his phone, finding it to be pretty late in the afternoon. Did I take the long way home on accident?

Hwanwoong closed the front door behind himself silently. He took off his shoes, shrugging his bag off his shoulders to hold in his hand. Looking into the living room, he couldn't tell what he was getting himself into. He didn't know if the atmosphere was tense or not.

Seoho sat at the dining table, face first in a large pile of schoolwork. Meanwhile Keonhee was spread out on the couch, somewhat engaged in whatever was on the television. Hwanwoong was quick to notice the unhealthy amount of beer cans on the coffee table, whether they were empty or not was unclear. At least half of the dozen or so was open though.

"Hey Hwanwoong." Seoho briefly looked up from his work, speaking in monotone. So something happened....

"Hwanwoong!" Keonhee perked up, apparently he hand't noticed the shorter entered the share-house. "Hey! Come here!"

Keonhee's excitement was on a level Hwanwoong wasn't exactly prepared for. He was tired after work, and his feet were actually killing him. Maybe he told a white lie so his grandmother wouldn't worry so much. But he figured he could listen to Keonhee's antics for just a little bit.

"I didn't expect you to be back so soon." Hwanwoong commented, dropping his bag by the end of the coffee table closer to his room.

The shortest let out a scream when he was suddenly pulled down on the couch. Keonhee completely engulfed the younger in a tight hug, not letting go even for a second. And the position they ended up in was quite suggestive, especially if someone were to walk in without any context. Seoho only looked up from his work once, an uncertain look behind his eyes.

"I was gone a week Hwanwoong." Keonhee tried to focus on the youngers eyes, speaking with a heavier lisp than usual. "A week too long at that hellhole."

Hwanwoong laughed nervously, nodding his head as he looked around. He tried to move out of the tallers grip, but was held in place by a clingy hold. It didn't help that Keonhee smells like alcohol, but Hwanwoong guessed he should at least be thankful Keonhee is in a safe environment at home, and not at some random bar surrounded by weirdos.

"You should drink with me!" Keonhee cheered, finally loosening his grip and allowing Hwanwoong to fall off his lap and instead sit on the couch besides him. He reached forwards and grabbed two cans, one was brand new while the other was previously opened. "Come on it'll be fun!"