1: Beginnings

Ranis was a world built from years of war. Like good things are born of destruction, Ranis was perfect... Perhaps too perfect. The geography of this world, identical to earth's although with a rather smaller population. An incredibly good government and economy and all this under a single ruler.

Standards like this would be considered unrealistic on earth.

I was a bit Curious as to how the system prevailed but it didn't mean I had to experience it first hand. And if only I hadn't had this massive obsession with the wolves of Ranis, I would never have agreed to this arrangement. Not that it would've made a difference.

"You need to learn to look after yourself," said my mom, "You'll love it there," She said. I so much wanted to return but was without half that much gut. She'd send me back.

I sighed. I was really focused on the current situation although I was open to new experiences.

I took a deep breath. Today was sure to be a long day.

My first day at Maglovia academy.

The surroundings of Maglovia academy were serene. The sounds of carefree chatter from the students around, and heels against stone flooring could be heard.

I was aware of the several different eyes staring at me... Curious eyes. They knew I was new, could probably smell my humanity already.

I gripped tight on my bag's sling.

I was very comfortable back on earth. My highschool experience had only lasted three years but regardless, I had no one else in this world, Ranis, but me.

What was my mom thinking?

I was so swallowed up by my nerves that I hadn't realized there was someone in the way before I bumped into them. I raised my head to the red hair of this tall fellow.

The character turned to me with not so much as a smile for an expression. His bright red eyes had been the first things I noticed. My eyes found their way to the badge on the breast of his uniform, tracing the form of the beastly insignia of a wolf. I swallowed

I felt my heart race as he cast me a questioning look. "Well?" Came his bass.

He was expecting an apology I assumed as I tried to get my thoughts straight.

"Well I... I'm." Where were my words when I needed them?

I heard a voice behind me that I had hoped would be my saviour.

"Give the newbie a break, you've obviously scared the shit out of her."

The red head figure looked at the new character with disinterest.

"This is not your concern, leech."

"Hey, name calling in the morning is uncalled for when you haven't even said a greeting. By the way, good morning, mutt."

I heard a low growl from the wolf. Quite the temper these wolves had. I turn around and caught sight of a blonde haired young man, only a few feet from us, picking at his sleeve as if he would pull out a magic wand. The snarky grin on his face was the only tell that he had come here to pick a fight. Something I didn't want to be part of.

I noticed his eyes, a colour I couldn't quite make out yet, fall on me and I knew it was time to scram.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you. I have to go." I apologized and turned on my heels ready to leave the two to their business.

Only a few steps away and the latter called after me. I stopped in my tracks.

"What are you called?" He asked.