21

Note: Trigger warning.

AUTHOR'S POV

"And these gentlemen, are the special rooms for patrons to dine at, if they're feeling too overwhelmed in the main serving area." Xanthos explained to his guests visiting Samwill on a business trip, pointing; using all five of his fingers, towards the lavish hallway, lined with crystal crown chandeliers to the very end of it.

Walking further down, their eyes met the exquisite carvings on the white doors that made the entire hallway feel soothing to the sight, and quite calming; when a person would enter in here, after being in presence of the lively commotion of the main serving area.

The backlit walls, with light peeking through the little cracks textured all over them, added a modern hint to the medieval royalty reflected through the crown chandeliers; the dim lights of which, did absolute justice to the walls, and let them standout, making the whole scene simply get filled with serenity.

"I did hear; you go all out when it came to the decor and aura of a place. Now, I've even witnessed it myself." a man in his early 30s praised, as his eyes took in the sumptuous beauty of the club, whilst he sipped his Martini. The man's wavy brown hair, was styled to cover some of his forehead, while allowing just a bit of it to peek through.

"Beauty, is what makes one's heart flutter for inanimate objects." Xanthos replied, clasping his hands together.

"You do have a way with words don't you, might as well start writing my friend." a blonde guy; who seemed to be the same age as Xanthos, commented, his hands in his pockets, and his eyes throwing a little smirk Xanthos' way.

"Well, I do need backup plans for when I'm not in the business market anymore." Xanthos replied, playing along.

"True, and I predict you're more likely to be fired from it." the blonde man teased, taking his hands out from his pockets, and crossing his arms against his chest.

"For an attempted murder perhaps." Xanthos replied, a sinister smile gracing his lips, making the blonde guy almost choke on air.

"Learn to take a joke Johnny." the brown haired man remarked, as he eyed Johnny; the blonde guy, who was busy getting back to breathing normally.

"The man's threatening his own guest, be a witness to this brutality Cameron. If anything happens to me, you know where to go and who to get." Johnny said, sounding as dramatic as he could.

"Ofcourse." Cameron; the brown haired man replied plainly, as he continued to take another sip of his Martini.

Whilst all this went about, Xanthos' eyes caught a glimpse of Otis, standing in the beginning of the hallway, as if waiting to inform him of an urgent affair.

"Excuse me gentlemen, it seems as though I'm needed elsewhere. Both you men have already met Ilaria, she would be more than happy to accompany you for the rest of your trip here. I will be seeing you again tonight then." Xanthos excused himself, and Ilaria; who had been closely walking behind them, stepped in with a warm smile, and took Cameron and Johnny, further down the hallway to explore, and perhaps take a closer look at the patron rooms from the inside as well.

---

"Forensics revealed that cause of the death was a sharp blow to the head, but the assault took place in stages. He was tortured before, so he could be kept alive and alert for the time being; to consciously go through the pain. There's a possibility that the murderer could be a man, but nothing's certain for now, as no DNA evidences have yet been found to back it up, it was a quite carefully planned murder, though they're still looking into it, and hopefully; may find further evidences" Otis said, as he paced across Xanthos' office, explaining all he knew of the incident.