4

● AUTHOR'S POV

~~~~~ 1 month later ~~~~~

It had been a month since Ava started working at the club, it was a host hostess club and she was appointed as a waitress there by Xanthos. Surprisingly, it wasn't as bad as Ava had expected it to be. She was provided with a place to live and during her shifts she was given breaks with meals offered by the club, they weren't anything fancy but it was better than starving oneself.

She would be earning more than she did at any of her previous jobs, even though a percentage of her pay would be deducted for the debt to be paid off little by little, but nothing too drastic. Ava did face a little flirting here and there which was expected but nothing she hadn't dealt with in the past, or anything of extreme nature. Despite these reasons not making unwanted flirtatious efforts towards her acceptable, but she was unbothered enough to not let such lowly things faze her, as her goal in mind was set, to diligently do her job and get the debt off. She was a hot-headed girl at times but wasn't a foolish person to just lash out whenever she felt like it, and mess things up for herself.

All things considered, she wasn't having a terrible nightmare of a life she thought she would be having, after getting caught that day one month ago. She had only seen Xanthos a total of three times through out the whole month, and two of which was she just catching a glimpse of him from a far, and one was where he had inquired her about getting nicely adjusted in.

As usual, Ava was diligently serving orders and waiting for her next break, as she had to cover up for another waitress during her afternoon break whom had to leave for an urgent matter, thus making them a little short on staff. Hers was a full day job starting at 10:00 a.m. and ending past 8:00 p.m. or even 10:00 p.m. at times, which was by her own choice as she had no one back waiting for her or even any close friends she needed to catch up with, also the fact that she wasn't allowed to roam freely around the city as a security measure, till she was done with paying off her father's debt, as she had already been caught fleeing three times, so she had decided working some extra hours to make a few more pennies.

"I'll pay you. The authority does not need to know about this. Just meet me outside when you're done with your shift. It'll be a private matter between you and I. You won't even have to share the money, it'll be all yours." an ashy blonde haired guy whispered seductively in Ava's ear, as he purposely stood close beside her shortening the distance between them, his hand slowly slid down her waist to her rear and he gave it a squeeze.

Ava unconsciously flinched in response, and turned her head sideways to face him. He had a nasty grin sprawled across his face, and his tongue was flirtatiously playing with his gold lip piercing.

As much as the unwanted and blatant interruption during her shift made her blood boil, Ava tried to keep her cool and handle the situation sensibly.

The perverted scoundrel standing infront of her despite his low character was a wealthy man, and Ava was very well aware of that fact, the last thing she wanted was having troubles with a rich man on top of being chased by her father's loan sharks.

"Mr. Cancio." Ava feigned a smile and removed the tall ashy blonde's hand from her bottom.

"Call me Paolo." he retorted and pushed his hand back resisting Ava's attempt to get it off of her.

'This delinquent sicko.' Ava mentally cursed.

"Paolo." Ava spoke calmly trying her best to maintain her composure and not letting the smile slip off, despite her intense urge to slap the ashy blonde's piercings off of his face.

He had his whole face simply filled with them, one lip piercing, two eyebrow piercings, and innumerable ones adorning both his ears. This man was a walking talking accessory outlet that Ava was not ready to shop at.