13

AUTHOR'S POV

"Carefully." Mr. Gibbs directed, as two of the maids gently laid Ava down on the bed, covering her with sheets.

Xanthos had been standing silently in one corner of the room, his hair sticking out from the sides as if they had been through the terrible of times, being used, abused and then left to shrivel up and die on the road, facing oncoming traffic.

"So this is what happens.... The medication along with cancelling out sedation also makes the body go into hyperactivity, increasing the neuron firing and thus the person acts like this, wild and abnoxious. Eventually, all this leading to tiring out of the body at a faster rate than normal and forcing the person to dwell into a deep slumber. Hmmmmm, I need to do more work on it but this has proven to be a valuable experience." Tokyo mumbled to himself; standing infront of Xanthos at a little distance from him, as he pondered over the whole situation of Ava going berserk from the moment she woke up, after being injected by his miracle juice.

She had been giving the cottage's staff a rough time, but nobody expected that her final target, before hopelessly falling asleep, would be Xanthos, specifically his sleek and neatly styled hair.

Xanthos bore holes into Tokyo's skull as unfortunately his mumbling was loud enough for Xanthos to hear.
"She'll be absolutely fine after some rest. So, I'll be taking my leave then!" spitting out these words Tokyo bolted out of the room and disappeared.

Heaving a deep sigh, Xanthos rested his head against the wall he was standing by. "I'll deal with him later. Mr. Gibbs, have a maid---- have two maids stay beside Ava till she's up." Xanthos directed, and raggedly dragged his feet out of the room.

---

Scent of camomile tea permeated the air, the soft clinking of fine porcelain cup with the saucer felt soothing to Xanthos' ears, as he took the last sip finishing his tea.

Setting the tea cup and saucer aside, Xanthos tilted his head resting it against his shoulder, as he adjusted himself into a more comfortable position on his white sofa; which added a sheek calmness to his lounge decor.

His hair, was smoothed down back into place, and through his half-opened eyes, he focused on the now empty tea cup placed infront of him, the fresh spring flower pattern on its white porcelain skin felt nostalgic, as his mind wandered off to some past memories. Whilst his eyes remained on the cup, steadily the vision started to blur as he zoned out.

Soon the trance he was put in by his old days was broken, when he heard the door to his cottage click opening, followed by the sound of clicking heels, which got clearer as the owner approached him.

"I thought you were still mad?" Xanthos questioned, as his eyes shifted from the tea cup to the tall feminine figure, who came to stand at a little distance from him, but still within his vision.

The woman was dressed in; a fitted black turtle neck with wide-leg black pants hiding her heels, her black hair tidily styled into a tight bun, and minimalistic accessory; only a pair of gold hoops and gold rings with a delicate gold bracelet adorning her left wrist.

Shifting her black cloud-clutch shoulder bag; with a thick golden chain, from her shoulder to her hand, she took a few steps further closer to Xanthos.

"Have some manners and greet your sister properly." the woman demanded, as she crossed her arms whilst holding her leather purse.

Xanthos practically dragged himself up, and went in for a hug, almost dropping half of his weight onto his sister.

Hugging him back with a warm smile, his sister tried balancing herself with the sudden addition of 90 pounds to her comparably petite stature.