Chapter 23: Late Nights

Diana's POV

    "Good morning Nat!" I greet her as I walk into the kitchen in the morning and go to the counter to pour myself a cup of coffee.

    She groans, looking up at me from the table. "How can you be so cheery this early in the morning?"

    I shrug my shoulders and take a sip of the warm beverage to hide my smile. I haven't told anyone about my night with Peter, but I don't want to. We agreed we were strangers, so there's no point in telling them about it. Besides, I kind of like having my own thing that they don't know about.

    Steve and Tony walk our of the elevator into the room. "Hey Diana!" I hug him. "It's been a while."

    "You're never up this early." Tony says.

    "It's 9:30." I say, walking back over and sitting down with my drink.

    "Exactly." Tony looks at me with raised eyebrows, and I stick my tongue out at him. 

    "I just figured I'd get an early start, I have a few errands I need to run today now that I'm stuck with you guys for good."

    "Where are you going? Maybe I could join you." Nat asks. I love her, but I feel like going out by myself today. Who knows, maybe I'll see a certain local hero...

    "No where fun, just things like the school to kick up the stuff in my locker." She nods and slumps back into her chair.

<><><><><><><><><><>

    "Oo, what about this?" MJ says, holding up a floral sun dress. It kind of reminds me of an old lady's nightgown.

    "Uh.." I try to think of a way to tell her not to get it without coming off like a jerk. As friends, you never tell someone something looks good unless you honestly think it does. "What about this instead?" I pull out a dark blue dress that is slim around the waist but flows out at the end. She puts her pick away and takes the blue dress. 

    We aren't shopping for anything in particular, but none of us own many dresses so, here we are. MJ is helping me pick out my new wardrobe now that I'm here for good, so we're also looking at stuff for her. It's pretty boring if two people go shopping and only one is looking to actually shop. And I know what I said about how I feel like going out by myself today, but MJ joined me only an hour ago and she's already pretty much burnt out. 

    We pay for our clothes, and I drop MJ off at her house. I sit for a minute and check my list on my phone for anything else I needed to do. There's only a couple things left, but they'll take a while. I can just get it done tomorrow. I start to drive home when I saw a red figure on the side of a building. I get an idea. 

    I park my car nearby and go to a small park with a fountain in the middle, and a ton of buildings surrounding it. I sit down on one of the benches and flip though my phone idly, hoping Peter will come over to me. Sure enough, he drops down and leans over the bench from behind me before even 2 minutes pass.

    "Good evening, miss stranger." He says, and I don't even look over at him as I smile. "What are doing out here?"

    "Got a bunch of shopping done now that I'm moving to the city." I'm sure he knows what really happened by now. "Can we talk?"

    "Sure, what's up?"

    "I mean in private. And not as strangers." I need to talk to him. About... us. It's getting dark out already, but I don't care. I need answers, and he's the only one who can give them to me.