Chapter 8: First Move

I jump up to sit on the kitchen counter while Peter makes another bag of popcorn. "I'd say Poe." I say after Peter asked who my favorite character from the most recent movies are.

    "Really? I would have thought that you'd like Rey best." He pours melted butter all over the popcorn in his bowl.

    "She's okay, but I like Poe more. What about you?"

    "Hmm, probably--" 

    "Hey guys, how's it going?" Tony cuts off Peter. He flies in, wearing his suit.

    "Fine, we're just about to start our next movie." I say, hopping off the counter.

    "Sorry, but you'll have to wait. We finally found that Hobgoblin guy, we're about to move in to try and take him down. I was hoping you'd be there kid, since you've already fought him and know him better than us."

    "Us?" He asked.

    "Yep. Everyone is going, except Diana and Pepper. I mean, Thor is off-world, Wanda and Vision are still who knows where, and Bruce is kind of in a 'thing' with the Hulk, but still most of us."

    "Are you sure he should go? Last time didn't go so well, what if he gets hurt just as bad as before? Or worse?"

    "I'll be looking out for him the whole time. I can take over before that happens. He won't be fighting alone this time. But Pepper can spend some time with you, keep you're mind off of things." He turns his attention back to Peter. "Go change, meet us all in the command room to go over the plan." 

    I head back to my room to change into a fresh outfit. Peter and I were doing pajama day, but it just seems silly if I'm the only one doing it. I grab Peter's popcorn on the way. He won't be needing it anymore, and I'm sure he wouldn't want it to go to waste.

    As I walk in the hallway to my bedroom door, I see Pepper also going to my bedroom before noticing me. "Oh, hey Diana. I was just coming to see you."

    I wonder why, we rarely talk to to each other anyway. "Oh, okay. What's up?"

     "Well, I was hoping that we could spend some time together. We've both been a bit busy, but I think that now would be the perfect time since everyone else is out on that mission. And depending on how well it goes, I might not get another chance if you move out and back into Peter's apartment." She pops a piece of my popcorn into her mouth.

    "Uh, sure. Why not." I say as I open my bedroom door. "I just have to change first. I was doing a pajama day with Peter earlier." 

    "No need, I'll go change and we can continue it together." She says, and leaves to her own bedroom. I wonder what made her suddenly so eager to hang out today, but it sounds nice. Tony and I get along pretty well-- or at least I think we do, he might just be annoyed with me-- so I hope I can get along well with her. 

    A few minutes later, she knocks on my bedroom door. I open it to see her in matching shirt and pants, both silky grey, similar to mime which is a faded pink, also silky. She also made her own popcorn. "So, what do you want to do first?"

    "I don't know, I'm up for whatever." I've never been the best at easy conversation with someone I don't know very well. 

    "How about we do makeovers?" Basic.

    "Sure, sounds fun."

    She pulls her arm that was behind her, which I didn't notice she was doing, to in front of her. She has a thick but short scarf. "But blindfolded?" Thats much better.

    I went first, and made sure I tied the scarf tight so I wouldn't be able to see a thing. We talked for a while, just rambling about stuff that none of the guys care about. We also complained about the guys. I decided to do a rosy look for her. I was thinking of doing summer colors for blush and eye shadow, but there's no way for me to tell what color I'm picking. I did all of it except the mascara, afraid I'd poke her eye out. Finally finishing after about 40 minutes, I took of the blindfold to reveal the atrocity before me. the only thing that turned out right was the foundation, and thats supposed to go everywhere anyway. Besides that, there was eyeshadow on her forehead, eye liner in her eyebrow, blush on her jawline, and the whole scene looked like a 3-year-old's art project.