Chapter 2: Meeting Parker

I wake up, but keep my eyes closed. Why do I always have to wake up before my alarm? I shift around in my bed, which I quickly realize is not my bed. All of my memories from the day before come flooding into my mind. The sudden panic makes me shoot up in the unfamiliar bed. I look around, and notice that it looks like a child's room. It has things like legos and Star Wars stuff in it. The bedding also fits the room.

Looking at the bed, I suddenly become conscious of the rest of my body and notice I'm completely nude. I scream and pull up the blankets to cover myself. My eyes shoot over to the door as someone begins to open it.

"Stop!" I yell. Surprisingly, they stopped. "Who are you? What did you do to me?" I try to sound assertive but my voice comes out shaky.

"I don't know who you are." A voice says from the other side of the door. It sounds like a teenager's voice. It's either a boy with a high voice or a girl with a deep voice. "Who are you?"

"I asked you first." I can't rule out the possibility that he put me here, like this.

"We can talk, but I need to be in the room. Can I come in?"

I think for a minute. "Okay."

He comes into the room, and I gasp. He looks exactly like Tom Holland. Now that I think about it, he also sounds like him. "My name is Peter Parker." What?!

I stare at him in shock. "Tom Holland?!"
He looks at me like I'm crazy.

"No, I'm Peter Parker." He says, confused and speaking slow. "I have no idea who Tom Holland is."

"What are you talking about? Why are you doing this? Is this some kind of sick joke? Who do you think you're fooling? You don't think I know who you are?" I say quickly while standing up. I still keep the blanket tight against my chest.

He look back at me like he's a scared puppy and I'm a violent cat. "I'm so sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about." He gives me a small smile. "How about we get you into some clothes and we can figure this out?"

Does he really not know what I'm saying? I wonder why he says he's Peter Parker, too. Maybe this is just a really weird dream. I discreetly pinch myself, confirming that this is real. Maybe I'm hallucinating? "Alright, let's do that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can start first." 'Peter' says once we sit down in his kitchen. He gave me one of his hoodies and some sweatpants, which are actually pretty comfortable. "As you already know, I'm Peter Parker. This is Queens, New York. Right now, we're in my aunt May's apartment where I live. I'm 17 and I go to Midtown high school. Today began like every day when I wake up at 7 and get ready for school, but I heard you scream from my bedroom. And here we are. Now your turn."

I don't have to try to remember all of that since I already know it and so much more because of the marvel movies I watch. His story technically makes sense, but it matches Marvel too perfectly. "Right before I start, do you have friends named MJ and Ned? Do you have a rude classmate named Flash? Does Tony Stark happen to live here?"

I asked as a joke to prove to him that he isn't tricking me into thinking he's Peter Parker. However, he just looks at me with that same shocked face I had a few minutes ago.

"Yes, all of that. How could you possibly know that?" Okay, he's a really good actor. But for now, I'll just play along.

"My name is Diana Marston. I'm 17 and live in Queens with my adoptive parents. I graduated high school early, so I'm working and saving up for college. My parents want to pay for it, but I want to at least pay some of it myself and get them back later. Yesterday, I went into a store to grab some ingredients for a dinner my parents are having, but there was a robbery." I begin to talk slightly slower. "They hurt at least one person, and made it clear they wouldn't think twice before killing one of us. They were masked, and I was the only person who saw their faces. They recognized me and were about to... you know. Anyway, I blacked out before they did anything and I woke up here."

"Wow, I'm so sorry that happened to you. That must have been scary." I nod, looking into my lap with my hands folded on top of my knees. "Why did you call me Tom Holland?"

"Because you look and sound exactly like him. He's an actor in a lot of movies, and he's mostly known for his role as Peter Parker."

"Wait, seriously? There's a movie about me?" He asks super excited.

"There are 3 movies for the Peter Parker that looks like you, but there are 5 others played by different actors."

"There are 8 movies about me?!" He says standing up.

"Yeah, you go on to do some pretty awesome stuff." I smile at his reactions. He gives a big, goofy grin.

A look of realization hits his face, and his eyes dart over to the clock. "Oh! I'm gonna be late for school. Here..." He gives me 50 dollars. "While I'm gone, you can go shopping for clothes and anything else you need."

"Thank you Peter." I say. I'm surprised that I'm actually starting to believe this. I'm going to go and see if I can find Stark Tower. That would confirm it.

Peter and I leave and he gives me a copy of the key to the apartment. He's too trusting of people, especially considering that he deals with crime on a daily basis. He says that he doesn't get home until late at night because of his Stark internship, but I know the real reason. We part ways, and I go to a few different stores and grab what I'll need for a week. Hopefully I'll be home by then, but it's best to prepare for the worst. I check the time: 3 PM. I wander the streets for a while until I see something that I can't explain: Stark Tower.

There's no way it's fake, so am I somehow in the Marvel universe? That's impossible! My curiosity gets the better of me and I push the double doors open into a huge lobby. There are a few people, but they're all too busy to notice someone who shouldn't be here. I saw a map of the building floors next to the elevators. Right now, I'm in the lobby. I want to check out the leisure floor and see if it's like what I've seen in the movies. I press the up button and an elevator comes. I enter, and it looks futuristic. Rather than buttons there is a screen where you press what level you want to go to, then what part of that floor. I press level seven, floor one. It asks for me to slide my keycard into the slot next to it. I sigh, knowing I'm not going to be able to break into Stark Tower, so I sigh and start to exit the elevator. Right as I was leaving, a man in a crisp black suit smiles down at me.

    "Did you forget your ID?" He asks.

    "Um, yeah. It's my first day and I'm still getting used to everything here." I lie.

    "I'll take care of it for you this time, but try to remember." He says while swiping his card and the elevator starts to move.

    I grin at my unexpected win. "Thank you sir! I will." I get off on my floor and the doors close behind me to take him to his destination. I turn around in slow circles in order to get a good look. This is insane.

I walk around for a while, looking at everything but never touching as if it would set of an alarm. I find a wide but short hallway that has another pair of double doors at the end. I push one of the doors open slightly so I can peak inside. My mind went crazy when I could see Tony Stark himself with Natasha Romanoff and Bruce Banner.