13

Yumi

It has been 1week since that chaotic karaoke thing happened. I was just finished cleaning my living room when I received a message from my Mom.

From: Mom

Stay away from that girl. She's no use in your studies. Don't let anyone divert your attention. Focus, Ayumi.

It read.

At first, I thought she just sent a wrong message but as I continue reading and saw my name plastered so well at the last part. I suddenly became and felt uneasy and anxious.

She was never like this with Ate Jen, even Bella, or Eya, or Lvy. Ngayon lang.

But i'm not surprised. She always monitors my movements, she even knows the tiniest thing that's happening to me. Nung pumasa ako sa UST, I immediately grab the opportunity para hindi ako umuwi ng japan.

I don't want to be jailed by my parents.

I ignored the message, but that doesn't mean nawala na yung kaba at takot ko kung sakaling pakialaman nanaman niya ang buhay ko, at madamay si Jaycel. Hindi ko kakayanin.

My anxiety is kicking in and my hands are trembling.

My phone vibrated again.

From: Ate Jen

Labas tayo? G ka ba?

To: Ate Jen

I have something to do pa, Ate, eh. Maybe next time.

I managed to send that message even with my trembling hands.

I know ate Jen already can sense that there is something wrong about my message. They know me so well.

Incoming Call...

Ate Jen

[I'm coming over, Yumi. Please don't do anything stupid, okay?] then she dropped the call.

I know where she is coming from. The last time I became like this ended at the hospital.

"Yumi! Are you okay? Wala ka namang ginawang katarantadahan diba?" she said, cheking my face and wrist.

I looked up to her with an teary eyes.

"Ate..."

"Shhh, mamaya na magsalita okay? Rest for now." inalalayan niya ako papunta sa aking silid. "Tulog ka muna, ha? Ako na muna bahala dito." she smiled at me sweetly.

I'm really this blessed to have a friends that is this sweet and caring.

Hindi ko nga alam how I ended up being in their circle of friends. Kasi the last time I checked, sobrang ilap ko sa mga tao. I rarely even utter a word. Kapag mga importante lang ako nag sasalita.

I was woken up by the sounds of the thunder.

"Ate! Ate..." I gripped tight my comforter, trying to find calmness and not to break down, again. The flashbacks are visible again. I can't take it anymore.

"Yumi! Yumi! Wake up, please." I opened my eyes with an heavy lids and heavy breathing. "Drink this." she handed me a glass of water.

"Bad dreams?" I nodded. "Higa ka lang muna dito, okay? Ireready ko lang yung pagkain. Jaycel is coming over."