Part 5

"Mom?"

*

Jeonghan's POV

"And you think I'm the one responsible?" I asked Jihyo who got her forehead bandaged after telling me she got hit-and-run last night when she's driving home after her meetup with a manager.

"Of course, you're the Chairman. I am your employee and I can fine you for not paying responsibility to what happened to me." She said that had me scratching my forehead out of frustration.

"First of all, it didn't happened inside my building. It's your fault for being too careless—" I got cut off when Jihoon suddenly opened my Office door and he's holding a paper bag with a daisy logo printed on it.

"Are you guys fighting?" He asked and I glared at Jihyo and quickly went to Jihoon.

"We're not, we're just discussing something. By the way, who gave you a present?" I asked and Jihoon lifted up the bag he's holding and assessed it.

"The woman who partnered with me on Mother's Day often goes to the playground with me, she said he has a son that looks just like me which is why she is so nice to me." Jihoon said that made me raise a brow in suspicion.

"Didn't I already told Teacher Maya that you can't go with strangers?"

"But Dad, she's very kind. She buys me treats and takes me back to my classroom after breaktime when I go to see her on the playground."

"Jihoon listen, not everyone who seems kind to you can be trusted. Even them can harm you, or worse.. kill you." I knelt down on Jihoon's height and tapped his shoulder and I emphasized the word 'kill' as I glared at Jihyo who's watching us.

"Hey, what are you looking at?!"

"Son, do you wanna know the reason why your Mom died..?" I asked and Jihoon nodded, eager to know the reason which made me smirk as I patted his head.

"She trusted her friends so much."

"Jeonghan!" Jihyo called which made us look at her, she's blushing and her face is tightening that it made me fill the empty space in my suspicions.

"Why, Miss Jihyo?"

"Why are you even saying such explicit information to a child? What if he tells the police and would cause trouble and misinformation?" She asked that made me laugh.

"What? Isn't it better? He's enough of a witness and do we not know? Kids don't tell lies." I said that made her lowly gasp as her hands trembled.

"Are you being cornered? Is it because you don't wanna admit that you're the one who killed Hana?!" I said as I pulled her by her collar.

"A-Agh, J-Jeonghan!"

"Dad! Dad, stop!"

"You ruined everything, you ruined all my plans laid all just for her and Jihoon.. You.. Y-You ruined it all."

What am I even doing..?

~

"Dad, is she really the one who killed Mama?" Jihoon asked and I peeked him through the rearview mirror.

"It's not confirmed, yet her reaction is a proof that she is."

"Then, why is she not in the prison?"

"Because, she took advantage of the rest of her friends and made an airtight alibi so they can be cleared as the prime suspect." I said and waited for an answer but he didn't.

We're currently on our way to the cemetery to visit Hana's grave. She's actually buried right next to her mom's grave so we decided to buy them both a visit and place a lot of flowers on their gravestones.

"Mama, I have been having lots of fun in school lately. There's this woman, very pretty, she's kind and she gives me presents. She's very very very caring too." I heard Jihoon talking to Hana's stone. I was curious to what he's talking about to I scooted over silently and payed attention to his words.

"I pray that you will allow Dad to marry again..." I was surprised to hear Jihoon's fervent prayer and he seemed very committed to his prayers. I couldn't help but silently gasp in shock of this little kid.

"I wanted a sibling to play with, I wanted to have someone I can call 'Mom', I wanted someone to cone with me to every Mother's Day program. I wanted... I wanted my Mama."

I wanted my Mama..?

"I'm pretty sure Mama wouldn't like you replacing her." I joked and tapped his back that made him look at me in confusion.

"But I'm asking for her permission, as politely as I could. I thought maybe this way she'll ask God for someone to open up that heart of yours, Dad." Jihoon said that really had me so surprised. How can a kid at such age know about this matters? I'm completely speechless when it comes to him speaking logically towards me.

"But if you insist, I will no longer plead for it." He said and stood up, bowing for the last time before leaving me all alone on the grave. I sighed, the things he said clouded my mind that I felt like I'm being pulled into a situation where I would feel like I'm likely to not choose instead, yet I have to.

"Hana, our son's growing older... If you're allowing me, please.. As long as it makes him happy, then I shall do it."

*

Evening came and Jihoon is currently doing his homework when I delivered his evening milk.

"Thanks, Dad." He said and took the glass without even looking at me and just continued to work.

"Uhm, Jihoon.. how long has this woman been friends with you, again?" I asked and sat on his bed.

"Since Mother's Day celebration." He replied.

"I see, is she.. friendly enough to be friends with me?" I asked and he looked at me, like he could not believe I would ask him such.

"She's... S-She's very friendly. I-I watched her as she ride her car and she's with this man, I think it's his driver. She hugged him and gave him money before she left." Jihoon said and I grinned in disbelief. Geez, is it really her driver with such treatment?

Why I'm asking about that woman, you may ask? What if this woman is the woman that Jihoon wants to call 'Mom'? Then we shouldn't take any less chances.

"Then... How do you see this woman?" I asked and he looked up, thinking of an answer.

"She's very independent. She's very smart and I think she's not the bad-type of woman." He replied with a smile.

"I see, why don't you then meet her again and talk about me somehow? Maybe we can talk out some business?" I asked and carried him to his bed and tucked him under the sheets.

"I surely will, Dad. I'm gonna make sure she'll know you." He said and turned off his lights and opened his night stand.

"Good night, Dad."

"Good night, son."

Hana, isn't it fast? Am I taking things too early that I'm looking desperate to find Jihoon a new mom?

Fuck...

>End...