Part 10

"Irresponsibility."

*

"Miss Jeon, it's you at the very beginning..?"

"N-no, this is a misunderstanding —"

"Was it even? Are you trying to deny?" I asked and Jihoon looked at me in confusion.

"You know her..?" Jihoon asked and I nodded.

"She's Dad's business acquaintance." I replied.

"H-Hoonjeong, I thought you don't have a—"

"Hoonjeong? His name is Jihoon, o-our—" I had a slight pause as the overwhelming emotion raided me but the sudden burst of courage made me finish my words.

"Our son.." I said and she gasped. Speechless and as well as the child beside me.

"N-No.. You must be kidding us, Mr. Yoon—"

"Why would you still visit our house? Why would you throw that bouquet of flowers in our yard and why would you.. w-why would you still linger and irk me if you're not Hana?" A tear slipped down my cheek as I finished my words, surprising to them? I know, I was even more surprised to see that she's not even trying to run away at this point.

"Why would you keep it? All this years I lived in misery of losing you, you're just with some other guy? What about us, what about our son?" A few eyes have been looking at us already but it's not the thing that matters here at this rate, I want to say what I want to.

"Hana, I-I... I hate you.."

"Dad.. what's going on? Why are you crying?" Jihoon asked and I looked at him, blurry is my sight because of the tears but I couldn't help it. I knelt down to level Jihoon and I gave him a bitter smile.

"Tell me, was it her all this time? The woman that's been eating with you and playing with you in your free time?" I asked and Jihoon nodded. Trully, a child can't lie. But the would keep a secret.

"I'm sorry.. I don't know what you're talking about. I don't have a son—"

"Please Hana, stop lying... If you don't want to be responsible of my family, just say so. I'll be agreeing and cut my child's connection with you." I said, the hope and the overwhelming emotion that invaded me earlier turned into something cold, like I don't even want to do anything about it. I couldn't look at her anymore, I don't want to.

I took Jihoon's stuffs and held him, walking away from 'that woman' as if nothing happened.

~

"Hyung, here's the—" Mingyu got cut off when I slammed the door shut and dropped Jihoon's stuffs.

"Get inside your room." I shortly ordered Jihoon as I removed my coat and my tie.

"But dad, I want to play with Uncle—"

"I SAID GET IN YOUR ROOM." I ordered with full authority that rumbled inside the whole house. He was abacked, his lips forming a pout as he ran upstairs inside his room.

"H-hyung, why would you yell at him?" Mingyu asked but the rage inside me kept building up that I wanted to do something about it already.