Part 1

"Resolve."

*

"Jihoon-ah, rise and shine." I softly called and carefully opened the curtains and the window of his bedroom. He softly groaned and stretched his tiny body as he mindlessly got out of bed with his flushed cheeks and disheveled hair.

"Did you had a good sleep?" I asked and he nodded.

"Alright, I'll wait for you downstairs so have your hygiene now." I said and left the room to go back to the kitchen.

It's been six years since Hana left us, I had a hard time taking care of my office work and taking care of Jihoon. A year after Hana's death, Jihoon and I moved to Gwangju, to Hana's house. I had the permission to live there and it's a right for us too since I have Jihoon.

It's been a quiet life for me and Jihoon, we have been doing the same thing as usual everyday. I go to work, I take Jihoon to School, I work 'til afternoon and pick up Jihoon to School and I cook for our dinner, I shower him for bed and take him to sleep and then I do the rest of my work after Jihoon is sleeping already, and then in the weekends, I have no work, I do the chores and often times, I go out with Jihoon. That's pretty much the life we lived these past years without Hana. It's a mix of happy and hard time for me because I do everything not for me, but for the kid.

"Dad, my teacher needs to see you today.."

"Why, darling? Did something happened?" I asked and he looked down, pouting as his eyes watered.

"Did you hurt someone? Why are you crying?" I asked and knelt down on his height and wiped his tears, cupping his face and making him look at me straight.

"I-I... I bombed the test.." He replied and sobbed. I sighed and smiled at him, kissing his forehead and hugged him.

"Aw. You don't always get to ace the test, darling. Don't worry, I'll talk to your teacher today." I said and carried him and sat him on his chair so he can eat breakfast.

~

"Master Yoon, there seemed to be some misunderstanding about Jihoon's test."

"Oh, I just wondered how he bombed the test because he admitted it to me this morning." I replied and the teacher chuckled.

"No, no. He must've misheard what I said. Look, his papers were all aces and I can never be more proud of him." She said and showed me Jihoon's test papers and they're all graded A+.

"I told him yesterday that is there any way that you can bomb a test? I think he misheard that as he bombed the test, Master Yoon." The teacher said and I looked at Jihoon, he's sitting at the back row and he's quietly writing notes unlike the rest of the class, they're all chattering.

"He's always the odd one among them, Master. His intelligence is nothing compared to the rest of his classmates."

Just like Hana...

"By the way, Master Yoon. I haven't seen his mother yet, is she abroad?"

"She died when Jihoon is just a few months old." I replied that made her gasp with worry.

"Oh, then.. I guess you're looking for a new one?" She jokingly asked that made me chuckle and sigh. "I think I can live as a single dad." I said and politely left the class while being followed by the eyes of the mothers of those kids.

*

"Yes, sir. I just received the mail from the Manager." I said to the other line and waited for a reply.

"Oh sure, I'll make sure to remember that. Bye." I replied before dropping the call.

Not even a minute passed when someone knocked on the door and entered.

"I didn't called you here, Miss Jihyo." I said and she just smiled and walked her way to sit across my table.

"How's Jihoon, by the way?"

"He's doing fine." I replied and continued to focus on my laptop. Why? Should I look to her revealing clothes then?

"I see, it's almost Mother's Day. I bet he needs a mother to attend with him in the school program." She said and played with her hair. I glared at her and just looked back at my screen.

"Mom has it covered, he doesn't even know you." I replied and she chuckled and stood up, leaning on my table and drew closer, closing my laptop.

"Come on, Jeonghan. Don't think I don't know you're still in love with me?"

"After all, you just broke up with me because you don't want to lose Hana, w-well.. how about now? It's been six years?" She said that pissed me off. I stood up and was about to leave the room when she pushed me to the wall and was about to lean for a kiss when I shoved away her head.

"This is the fifth time you attempted to kiss me, Miss Jihyo. If this happens again, I can call a security and fire you right away." I said and left my office while fixing my clothes. This girl hasn't changed. She's still crazy over me.

*

Jihyo's POV

After Jeonghan left the office, Jihyo also came out and checked the hallways to see if Jeonghan is there but no, instead, an employee is walking the opposite way to her, wearing a cap, bumped her shoulder that pissed her off.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" Jihyo growled at the employee.

"Hey, watch whom you're seducing." The employee replied and fixed her cap before walking away with a smirk.

"What the hell?!" 

"What's wrong, Jihyo?" Taeyeon arrived and I glared at her.

"Someone just accused me as  seducer." I said and Taeyeon scoffed, whispering to herself.

"I heard that, Taeyeon." I rolled my eyes and Taeyeon raised both of her hands and chuckled. "I give up, I guess Jeonghan is just too hot for you and you're aiming for that wife's place, aren't you?" Taeyeon asked and I rolled my eyes again as I placed my hands on my pocket.

"I mean, who wasn't—" I stopped when I felt a small card inside my pocket.

"What is it?" Taeyeon tried to peek but I hid it to her and left so I can read what's in the card by myself.

"I played with a doll, and the doll gets fractured. Guess what, the doll is you."

"What is this, some kind of prank?" I said and crumpled the card and threw it on the bin.

"Or is it. I knew it's almost April." I said to myself and left Jeonghan's office.

~

Jeonghan's POV

"Jihoon-ah, how's your school today?" I asked and Jihoon smiled and handed me a rose.

"We made roses today, it's an advanced gift for Mother's Day." He replied and pulled me into a hug.

"Dad, thank you for being a Mom and a Dad. But will you manage it alone?" Jihoon asked that made me look at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I appreciate you doing everything for me but.."

"W-Wouldn't it be nice if there'll be someone to take place as a Mom..?"

>End...