Chapter 3

You felt something warm on your shoulder, it felt very soft and gentle. Then there was a whisper,

"Y/N..."

You took a deep breath, the air felt warmer than it did last night.

"Y/N?"

 Slowly opening your eyes you saw the salt and peppered profile of Greg Lestrade.

"I'm sorry to wake you, but we have to get going soon."

He had such a sweet smile, you got a beam of joy seeing him standing above you in the sunlight. You wouldn't mind waking up to this every day-

'Do. Not. Go. There.' Sherlock's voice echoed in your head. 

The first time you saw Greg was when you were hanging out with Sherlock at 221B, he rushed through the door to give Sherlock a case, or information or something, you couldn't really remember. You just thought he was handsome, and when he introduced himself he was bashful. You remember giving Sherlock a look of 'what a silver fox huh?'. Sherlock essentially forbade it, said he couldn't bare the thought of you and Greg becoming 'sentimental', and then assured you he thought Greg was too stupid for you. What a charmer that Holmes. 

"It's okay, where are we going?"

Greg outstretched a hand, which you took  as he pulled you up off of the sofa like you weighed nothing. You both smiled at each other, his face turning a little worried as he stared down at you. You looked down remembering the events of last night at the sight of your night gown, blood now dried down onto your shoulders, legs, and fabric. 

"We're going to your flat to pick up your things, everyone decided it would be best to just put you in a hotel room for the time being while we work everything out."

Everyone huh? You looked around and confirmed 'everyone' was already gone. Nice of them to say goodbye. You nodded, knowing there wasn't really a choice in the matter. 

"Um, we should probably...clean you up a little first, yeah?" He chuckled, you agreed and then walked your way over to Sherlock's bathroom and caught yourself in the mirror.

You had already seen the blood caking your body and gown, but then you slowly reached your hand up to the corner of your mouth. A light brush of your thumb to your face, noticing there was also blood coating your lips and cheek. Taking a deep breath you turned the faucet, taking a hand cloth and wetting it. You started on your face, making your way down the visible parts of your body.

"Better now? Detective inspector Lestrade?" 

He laughed, walking over whilst taking off his suit jacket and laying it over your shoulders, buttoning it in the middle.

"Too bad my shoes won't fit you, do ya need me to carry you?"

You smiled and shook your head, he's a lot more flirty without Sherlock's presence, not that you minded. At all. Greg brought you downstairs and hailed a cab. The ride to your apartment was filled with small talk, and you prodding at Greg about what's going on. Greg simply put it as 'Sherlock can explain it better'. Which you sure was true. You arrived at your apartment building,  entering through the front desk and going down the hallway you started to feel anxiety creeping up your body. Greg placed a hand on your back, guiding you down to your front door and gave you a 'it's gonna be ok'. 

You opened the door, and everything seemed normal, until you walked into your bedroom and saw the blood splattered on the ground and the mirror doors of your closet. There wasn't a lot of it, but it made you freeze in place. This all happened not even 24 hours ago, and now you were packing up your things to go sit in place at a hotel that the boys could keep on eye on because for some reason you're now the biggest target for a criminal gang? Your mind finally started to catch up with you and it was sending you reeling.