Chapter 2

Sitting in silence, it was then you noticed just how sticky you felt. The blood, which you hoped and assumed was from the assailant, dried and then re-wet by the rain you stood in, felt thick on your skin. You noticed it also managed to get on your slip night dress, and the taste of it in your mouth had finally made itself known.

You couldn't help but be suspicious of Anthea's timing, or rather, Mycroft's. However, you were tired, and in shock, wanting nothing more to just go back to bed and be safe. 

"This is our stop, let's go, everyone is waiting."

You snapped out of your daze, lit in the streetlamps and rain, was no other than 221B Baker Street. 

"What's going on?" 

Anthea merely looked at you, you knew if Mycroft sent her to do something, she was simply just supposed to do it. No questions asked. You opened the car door, sliding out, feeling the wet sidewalk on your feet. Slowly carrying yourself and your bat, you and Anthea walked through the threshold of 221B.

As soon as you walked in you could hear voices half-arguing up the stairs, Anthea didn't wait for you to catch up and promptly made her way up and into the flat. You stood there, body heavy.

Dragging yourself up each stair, and finally to the landing where you could hear everyone a bit clearer. You paused again starting to get tired, and every moment that passed a new part of your body seemed to start aching. You continued on into Sherlock's flat where upon full entry everyone stopped talking, and looked at you.

"Anyone care to tell me why I was assaulted at 1 in the morning, and then dragged here in Mycroft's hearse that just happened to be there?"

Mary, John, Ms. Hudson, Lestrade, Sherlock and Mycroft all sat there, with the last two exchanging looks. 

"Go ahead, brother mine."

Mycroft sighed and then propped himself up on his walking stick, fully standing and then turning towards you.

"We have had word that a band of criminals have arrived in London, looking to take over the criminal underground network Moriarty left behind when he died." 

 Mycroft stopped for a moment and scanned you. 

 "However, I've been keeping track of such network and they are not taking it too well. They seem to think that if they can get to me, that the criminal underworld is theirs for the taking."

"So they took me? To get to you? That makes no sense why not beat the shit out of Sherlock then?" 

Mycroft looked already tired of you, and you had been there for less than 2 minutes. All the while everyone else sat and watched it unfold.

"Well you did -briefly- work with me, and Sherlock is just simply too hard to get to in able to use him as leverage. They know this."

You started to get aggravated now, rubbing your temples with your middle finger and thumb on either side of your head. 

"So because they can't get to Sherlock they tried to get me? Am I right to assume the reason everyone is here is so they can't get Mary to get to John, John to get to Sherlock, Sherlock to get to you? Then Lestrade is here for what? Police muscle?"

"If you have to put it so oafishly like that, then yes."

You threw a glare at Mr. The Whole British Government, "Well nice to know I was the last person to receive your concern and get sent a savior."

You threw yourself down on the unoccupied end of the sofa, propping your head up on your elbow and resting your eyes.

"And what am I supposed to do now, hm?"

Mycroft again took charge of the conversation.

"We will be having you stay with under our surveillance. Unfortunately these foreign pests are organized, and deemed as an actual threat-"

Sherlock cut in to simply his brother's grandeur, earning a squint and a head tilt from the older Holmes. 

"They're dangerous and they want to kidnap and torture you so the watch on the underworld disappears, can't have that, and can't have you working the case either." 

"Well that's just great then, I get to sit here for god knows how long and do nothing except try not to get killed."

Sherlock just nodded, and through your half-lidded eyes you could see John shake his head and start to walk over to you. As your eyes grew heavier by the second you knew John was doing a check-up to make sure it wasn't your blood.

"Goodnight, Y/N" Sherlock chuckled absent mindedly, chin on top of his peaked hands.

"Goodnight, Sherlock."

You smiled, trying to stay awake while everyone started discussing who knows what about the case, your ears did nothing as your body shut down even when you didn't want it to.