Chapter 50

Previously on Chapter 49

"Welp... we should take some rest. We are going to open the final Chakra tomorrow" I said. He smiles and nods his head. I turn to lay on my side. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

-Trouble at Ba Sing Se-

Y/N P.O.V

It's night time. We are currently at the top part of the temple. "This is the last chakra, isn't it?" Aang said. Guru Pathik nods his head at his question.

"Yes. Once you open this chakra, you will be able to go in and out of the Avatar State at will and when you are in the Avatar State, you will have complete control and awareness of all your actions" he said.

"Let's do this" we said together, with determination lacing in our voices. "The Thought Chakra is located at the crown of the head. It deals with pure cosmic energy, and is blocked by earthly attachment. Meditate on what attaches you to this world" he said. I close my eyes. My mind instantly went to Zuko. My boyfriend. I thought of the moments, where I met him. How I hate him... to the point where I start to grow feelings for him without myself realizing.

"Now, let all of those attachments go. Let them flow down the river, forgotten" Guru Pathik said. My eyes snaps open. From the corner of my eyes, I can see Aang with the same reaction.

"What? Why would I let go of Katara? I... I love her!" He said. I don't have to say anything about Zuko. I can tell that Guru Pathik is aware that I'm also not able to let him go.

He gives us a stern expression. "Learn to let her go, or you cannot let the pure cosmic energy flow in from the universe" he said. Aang shakes his head.

"Why would I choose cosmic energy over Katara? How could it be a bad thing that I feel an attachment to her? Three chakras ago that was a good thing!" He said. "You must learn to let go..." he said. Aang looks worried.

"I'm sorry... but I can't let go of Katara..." Aang said. "Aang, to master the Avatar State, you must open all the chakras. Surrender yourself" he said. Aang lets out a sigh. "Okay... I'll try" he said. I know I have no choice but to give it a try too.

"Now think of your attachments and let them go. Let the pure cosmic energy flow" he said. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I focus my mind on Zuko. I feel tears building up in my eyes. I wipe them away and focus on the cosmic energy.

I open my eyes and see Zuko. He's smiling softly at me. "I love you, Y/N..." he said. I smile softly at him. "I love you too, Zuko. I'm sorry I have to let you go... goodbye" I said. His figure slowly disappears. I can see a bridge. I can see myself in Avatar State.

I walk towards the figure. I enter the wind sphere. I close my eyes and focus. I hear voices and open my eyes. I can see Zuko being surrounded by the Dai Li agents.

My eyes snap open. Aang jumps to his feet. "Katara is in danger! I have to go" he said. "I have to go too" I said, standing up. I can't choose cosmic energy over Zuko. I just can't. Guru Pathik shakes his head. We turn around to leave.

"No. By choosing attachment, you have locked the chakra! If you leave now, you won't be able to go into the Avatar State at all!" He said. I clench my hands into a tight fist.

"I've lost enough people that I love. I'm not going to lose another one" I said. We jump down the temple and rushes to where Appa is. First, we need to pick up Sokka.

***

I can see Sokka talking to a man, he must be his dad. He turns to look at us in confusion. But we just give him a concern expression. He starts to look worried. "This can't be good..." he said. He instantly get on Appa's back. Then we fly towards Ba Sing Se.