Chapter 5

Previously on Chapter 4

How am I supposed to do that?? How am I supposed to know my true identity and unlock my true spiritual power, when I can't even remember who I was.

-Cave of Two Lovers-

Y/N P.O.V

I turn my focus on Aang. Katara is checking whether he have the correct stance. She walks closer to him and gently holds his hand.

"Your arms are too far apart. See, if you move them closer together, you protect your center. You got it?" Katara said. I let out a giggle when Aang blushes due to Katara's closeness.

"Oh, yeah... thanks" he said. I can see nervousness in his tone. Katara smiles at him and walks back to her position. "Okay, let's see what you got" Katara said. Aang starts bending the water, creating octopus arms around him. He carefully moves them around to fend off the ice shards Katara is sending him. I clap my hands when Aang finally got the hang of it.

"You make a fine octopus, pupil Aang..." Katara said. I turn my head to look at Aang and starts laughing at what I saw. Aang have created globs of water around him, making it as if it's an octopus's head.

"Oh Spirits

"Oh Spirits... my stomach!" I said, still laughing. I let out a yelp when I lose balance. I land on the water which seem to rise. I let out a sigh of relief and turn my head to see my brother's arm is outstretched. He must have bended the water to soften my landing.

"Ah... thanks, Aang..." I said. "Are you okay, sis? You laughed too much" he said. "Hey! It's not my fault. You're the one who's being funny" I said. He forms the octopus head once again, making me burst out laughing again.

"Okay! That's enough!" I said. He finally stops and laughs along with me. Suddenly, I hear music. "Did you hear that?" I said. "Yeah..." Aang said. We turn our heads to see a group of people. They're singing while playing musical instruments.

"Da, da, da. Don't fall in love with the traveling girl. She'll leave you broke and brokenhearted..." a man singing. I raise an eyebrow as I watch them singing. Soon, they stopped singing and turns to us.

"Hey, river people" the same man said. "We're not river people..." Katara said. "You're not? Well then, what kind of people are you?" The man said. "Just... people" Aang said. "Aren't we all, brother?" He said.

"Who are you?" Sokka said, accusingly. "I'm Chong and this is my wife, Lily. We're nomads, happy to go wherever the wind takes us!" Chong said. He starts to play his lute-like instrument.

"You guys are nomads? That's great! Me and my lil sister are nomads too!" Aang said. I nod my head in agreement. "Hey... me too!" Chong said. "Uhh... we know. You just said that" I said, looking at him with a blank expression. "Oh... nice... underwear" he said, looking at Sokka. Sokka quickly grabs Momo, using him to cover his lower region.

We walk out of the water. I jump on top of Appa's head. "Do you want me to braid your hair?" Lily said. "Uhh... sure" I said. I jump down and take a seat on one of Appa's arm. Lily sits behind me and starts to braid my hair gently.

"Hey, Sokka, you should hear some of these stories. These guys have been everywhere!" Aang said, as Sokka makes his way over to us. He still looks a bit flustered by what happened earlier. I try my best to not laugh at him.

"Well not everywhere, Little Arrowhead. But where we haven't been, we've heard through stories and songs" Chong said. "They said they're going to take us to the giant nightcrawler!" Aang said, excitedly.

"On the way, there's a waterfall that creates a never-ending rainbow!" Moku said. "Look, I hate to be the wet blanket here, but since Katara and Y/N are busy. I guess it's up to me" Sokka said. I roll my eyes as Katara glares at him.

"Relax a little, Sokka..." I said. "We need to get to Omashu. No sidetracks, no worms and definitely no rainbow!" He said. "Wow, sounds like someone has a case of destination fever. You're worried too much about where you're going" Chong said. "You got to focus less on the "where" and more on the "going"" Lily said, moving her arms and accidentally pulls on Katara's hair. I wince at the sight, thankfully I have finished with mine.

"O. Ma. Shu!!" Sokka said, impatiently. I stand up and walk towards him. "Re. Lax!" I said, using the same tone he uses. He face-palms himself. "Y/N... we have NO time to relax! Who knows what's going to come for us! You knew what we've been going through, don't you!!" He said, looking at me with a serious expression.

"Sokka's right... we need to find King Bumi, so Aang and Y/N can learn earth-bending somewhere safe" Katara said. "Sounds like you're heading to Omashu" Chong said. This guy... seriously?!

"There's an old story about a secret pass right through the mountains" Chong said. "Is this real or a legend?" Katara said, looking excited. "Oh, it's a real legend. And it's as old as earthbending itself!" Chong said. Then he starts playing his instrument.

"Two lovers, forbidden from one another, the war divides their people and the mountain divides them apart! Built a path to be together!" He sings. I just smile at him. But then he stops playing. "Yeah, I forget the next couple of lines, but then it goes... Secret tunnel! Secret tunnel! Through the mountains, secret, secret, secret, secret tunnel! Yeah!" He finished. Everyone except Sokka dances and claps.

"I think we'll just stick with flying. We've dealt with the Fire Nation before. We'll be fine" Sokka said. I nod my head in agreement. "Yeah... thanks for the help" I said. Aang nods his head. "Appa hates going underground. And we need to do whatever makes Appa most comfortable" he said.

***

In the end, we decided to go through the secret tunnel. After getting attacked by the Fire Nation soldiers. "Secret love cave, let's go!" Sokka said. Yeah... looks like we're going through the Cave of Two Lovers.

*to be continued*