Chapter 30

Previously on Chapter 29

'Zuko is just too complicated' I thought to myself. I froze at the thought. I instantly remember what Aunt Wu said to me. The man I'm destined with will have a difficult personality... and I should be the one to show him the way. Could it be... Zuko?

-Comforting-

Y/N P.O.V

Iroh is currently explaining about the four elements. While doing the explanation, he draws the insignia on the ground. I just stay silent as I listen to him. I haven't got a chance to learn about it. One, because I was too young to learn about them. Two, because I just find out that I'm the Avatar.

"Why are you telling me these things?" Zuko asked, after Iroh finished telling him about all the elements. "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale" Iroh said. He draws lines to divide the four insignia.

"Understanding others, the other elements, and the other nations will help you become whole" he said. "All this four elements talk is sounding like Avatar stuff" Zuko said, glancing at me. I just nod my head, because I don't know much about it. I just know the basic. Like I said... I haven't got a chance to learn the deeper knowledge about it.

"It is the combination of the four elements in one person that makes the Avatar so powerful. But it can make you more powerful, too. You see the technique I'm about to teach you is one I learned by studying the water-benders" he said.

***

A few days have passed. Now it's time for me to go back to Aang and the others. I sit on top of a rock to meditate, and find out where Aang would be.

Aang... I said, with my eyes closed. I feel my aura spread across the world, trying to locate where my brother would be. Y/N? I hear his voice.

Yeah... it's me brother I said. I can feel relief spread through my body, but it's not coming from me. It's coming from Aang. I can feel what he felt. That is because we are connected.

Are you okay, Y/N? Did they hurt you? He said. No, Aang... I'm fine. Where are you? It's time for me to return to you... I said. We are near a canyon... try getting deeper inside my head and you should be able to see the scenery around here... he said. I focus on getting deeper inside his mind.

Okay

Okay... I see where you are. It's probably going to take a few days until I reach where you are... I said. Okay, sis... take care he said. I open my eyes as soon as it ended.

I use my air-bending to help me get up. I slowly walk towards where Iroh and Zuko are. Zuko is learning the move to redirect lightning. They look so focus, so I stay silent.

"Excellent!! You've got it" Iroh said, after a while. Zuko looks happy, once he know he got the move right. "Great, I'm ready to try it with real lightning!" He said.

Iroh eyes widened at Zuko's comment "What, are you crazy? Lightning is very dangerous!" Iroh said, panicking. "I thought that was the point! You teaching me to protect myself from it!" Zuko said, looking annoyed by his uncle's comment.

Iroh looks flustered by Zuko's words. "Yeah! But I'm not going to shoot lightning at you! If you're lucky, you will never have to use this technique at all!" He said.

Zuko clenched his hands into a tight fists. "Well, if you won't help me, I'll find my own lightning" he said. He get on the ostrich horse.

"Zuko, wait!" I said. But he didn't listen to me. He just speeds of. I can't leave Zuko like this. I have to stop him or he'll get hurt. Looks like I'm going to have to wait before I can return to the others.

I'm sorry, Aang...

***

There's thunder storm not far from me. That must be where Zuko is. But I can't look for him by flying, I'll get struck by thunder. Looks like I have no choice but to jump using my air-bending.

A Few Hours Later

I've been searching for him. I was about to give up, when I notice a silhouette in the distance. I quickly use my air-bending to propel me to where he stands.

"You've always thrown everything you could at me! Well, I can take it, and now I can give it back! Come on, strike me! You've never held back before!" He yelled at the storm. But the thunder didn't strike at him. He let out a scream and falls on his knees.

I walk towards him and wrap my arms around him. He tense up a little, but soon relaxes when he notice it's me. He buries his face into the crook of my neck, as he wraps his arms around me.

"It's okay, Zuko... you don't have to hold the pain on your own..." I said. I gently rub his back, trying my best to comfort him. He tightens his arms around my waist. I can feel his sadness and pain. He have been through a lot. I can feel how lost he is.

For some reason, listening to the sound of his cries made my heart ache painfully. I don't know why I'm feeling this way. I thought I'm suppose to hate Zuko, because he's the reason I lost my bison. No... I know I hated him.

But after I learned about what he's been going through as a teen. I can somehow understand his pain, he have no choice. He didn't choose this path. He was force into it. All because he wants to be accepted by the cruel man, who is his own father.

Then without me realizing, the hatred I felt for him have disappeared completely. All I feel for him now is sadness and sorrow. I feel sad, knowing Zuko is just a boy with a broken heart. He've to go through so much pain. He is still so young. He didn't deserve any of this.

I close my eyes as I listen to his cries, as he holds me tightly as if he depends on me. I didn't realize what is happening until it started. I didn't realize... that I'm slowly falling in love with Zuko.

*to be continued*

A/N: Y/N's hatred have vanished! Now she's slowly starting to grow feelings for Zuko. I love how this chapter turned out. Do you? Let me know in the comment and stay tune for more! Love ya~