Chapter 21

Previously on Chapter 20

"Hey, I've got my eyes on you..." I hear Katara said. "Water tribe..." Sokka said, coolly. I bit my lips, trying not to laugh. I'm glad... because now that we have a clue, we'll be able to find them.

-Toph Beifong-

Y/N P.O.V

We look over a building at a gate in front of us. I can see a painting above the gate. The painting of a flying boar. "Is that the flying boar you saw in your vision, Aang?" I asked, turning to look at my brother. "Yeah. That's the flying boar from my vision! Come on!" He said.

We make our way inside the courtyard. I can feel a rumble beneath my feet. I quickly jumps out of the way, knowing what it meant. But my brother, Sokka and Katara were not so lucky. At least Katara and my brother landed on some bushes. Sokka... well, he have a rough landing.

"Sorry... I should have warned you guys" I said. "Ya' think?" Sokka said, sarcastically. I let out a chuckle at his remark. "I said I was sorry, sheesh... Moody Prince" I said, outstretching my hand for him to grab.

He rolls his eyes. He grabs my hand and I gently pulls him up. I turn my head and notice a girl, she's wearing a fancy dress. My eyes widened when I realize she's the Blind Bandit.

"What are you doing here, twinkle toes? And you, Silent Bandit?" She said. "How did you it was us?" Aang said. "Don't answer to Twinkle Toes! It's not manly!" Sokka said. Katara scoffs at his comment.

"You're the one whose bag matches his belt" she said. I let out a chuckle. "That was a good one..." I said. The girl turns her head slightly to my voice. "Well... what do you know? The Silent Bender can talk" she said, smirking slightly. I froze and laugh nervously.

"Uh... yeah. I can talk. It's a long story. And I don't pick that name either. It was given to me" I said. "Uh Huh... yeah. I've heard so much about you, 'Not So Silent Bender.' My parents even consider using your service as my personal guard because according to the rumors, you're very strong" she said. I blink in surprise at what she said. "They did?" I said. She nods her head.

"How did you find me?" She said. I nudge Aang to explain, because it's his vision. "Oh right... well, a crazy king told me I had to find an earthbender who listens to the earth. And then I had a vision in a magic swamp, and-" he trailed off. I let out a sigh. Katara steps forward.

"What Aang is trying to say is, he and Y/N are the Avatars. And if they doesn't master earthbending soon, they won't be able to defeat the Fire Lord" she said.

"Not my problem. Now, get out of here, or I'll call the guards" she said, totally ignoring what Katara said earlier. I was about to say something, but Sokka beats me to it.

"Look, we all have to do our part to win this war, and yours is to teach Aang and Y/N earthbending" he said. The girl is silence for the few seconds. "Guards! Guards, help!" She said. The four of us instantly runs off, as two guards comes.

"Toph, what happened?" One of the guard said. "I... thought I heard someone. I got scared" she said. She is faking a weak girl. She's a good actress.

"You know your father doesn't want you wandering the grounds without supervision, Toph" the other one said. They start to escort her back inside. I turn to look at my brother to see him smiling widely. I raise an eyebrow as I stare at him.

"Okay... what's on your mind, brother?" I said. "I have a good plan. Come on" he said, grabbing my hand. He starts pulling me along. I let out a yelp at his sudden movement. The other two just follows us, neither of us knows what Aang have in mind.

***

We are now inside a dining room. Toph's parents have welcomed us in. Now they're inviting us to have dinner with them.

One of the servant place a steaming hot soup in front of Toph. "Blow on it. It's too hot for her" Lao said. "Allow me..." Aang said, he send a soft air towards the soup. They clap their hands.

"Avatar Aang, Avatar Y/N... it's an honor to have both of you visit us" Poppy said. "In your opinion, how much longer do think the war will last?" Lao said. I turn to look at my brother.

"We'd like to defeat the Fire Lord by the end of summer, but I can't do that without finding an earthbending teacher first" he said. I turn to look At Toph, I can see annoyance on her face.

"Well, Master Yu is the finest teacher in the land. He's been teaching Toph since she was little" Lao said. "Then she must be a great earthbender! Probably good enough to teach someone else!" He said. I feel something moving under my feet. It hit Aang, causing him to jump. "Ow!!" He yelled. He sits up a little and eyed Toph. I let out a sigh. It's not going to end well... I just know.

"Toph is still learning the basics" Yu said. "Yes, and sadly, because of her blindness, I don't think she will ever become a true master" Lao said. I turn to look at Toph. I can sense sadness coming from her... and I know exactly why she's feeling that way. Her parents babied her too much, they don't know that she's an amazing earth-bender.

"Oh, I'm sure she's better than you think she is" my brother said. I let out a sigh at his comment about Toph. He's asking for trouble.

I know was right when another fissure is sent towards him, causing him to fall face first onto his soup. He rubs the soup out of his eyes, he have an annoyed face.

He starts to smirk mischievously. He faked a sneeze, which cause all the food to fly towards the Beifong family. The impact covers them with food. I let out a sigh at my brother's silly action. Oh dear goodness, brother.

"What's your problem?!" Toph yelled, standing up from her seat. "What's YOUR problem?!" Aang yelled back, standing up to. I stand up and place my hand on his shoulder.

"Now now, brother..." I said. He lets out a sigh and calms down, but still glares at Toph. Toph's parents cleans their faces with napkins. "Well, shall we move to the living room for dessert, then?" Poppy said, trying to ease the tension. We agree and move there, just like her suggestion.

*to be continued*