Chapter 46

Previously on Chapter 45

"If you come with us, this time you can ride on Appa" he said. The Earth King smiles. Now, we'll surely prove our point. We will be able to convince him to join forces with us.

-Showing-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm sitting next to Aang on Appa's head. I can hear the Earth King screaming at top of his lungs. I turn my head to look at him worriedly. He's holding onto Appa's fur for dear life.

"Maybe this isn't such a good idea" I said, turning to my brother. "Oh, he'd be fine..." he said, smiling at me. I turn to look at the Earth King.

"First time flying?" Toph said. "It's both thrilling and terrifying!" He said, still screaming. "Yeah... I hate it, too..." Toph said. I can see a faint smile on her face. I let out a sigh and turn to look forward.

I lean my head back. "I have to be honest with you: part of me really hopes that what you're telling me about this war isn't true" the Earth King said. I nod my head. "Believe me... none of us wished it's true" I said. "Yeah, I wish it wasn't..." Aang said. I turn my head and my eyes widened.

"It's still there!" I said, pointing at the drill. They turn to look at where I'm pointing. "What is that?" The Earth King said, looking horrified at the sight. "It's a drill. A giant drill made by the Fire Nation to break through your walls" Sokka said. We land on top of the wall.

The Earth King looks down at the drill beneath us. "I can't believe I never knew" he said. I hear something and turn my head to see Long Feng with two Dai Li agents.

"I can explain this, Your Majesty. This is nothing more than ... a construction project" he said. I just give him a 'really' face.

"Really?" I said. Katara take a step forward. "Then perhaps you could explain why there's a Fire Nation insignia on your "construction project"." She said. Long Feng looks like he's lost of words.

"Well it's imported of course. You know you can't trust domestic machinery. Surely you don't believe these children instead of your most loyal attendant?" He said. I scoff at what he said.

"Loyal? How is loyal... makes you hide the truth that there are two Avatars in this generation, everyone... except for this City knows it. See, you even kept that kind of secrets!" I said, glaring at him. Long Feng glares at me. The Earth King's calm demeanor disappear.

"Dai Li! Arrest Long Feng! I want him to stand trial for crimes against the Earth Kingdom" he said. The Dai Li walks towards him. "You can't arrest me! You all need me more than you know!" He said. "Uh huh. Keep telling yourself that. We need no traitor" I said. He growls as he's escorted away.

"Looks like Long Feng is long gone! Ha! Ah, yeah, I've been waiting to use that one" Sokka said. He lets out a laugh afterwards. I shake my head. He never misses a chance of making jokes. Aang just smiles at him, while Katara gives him an unimpressed look.

***

We are now gathering inside the palace. In front of the Earth King. "I want to thank you, young heroes, for opening my eyes. All this time, what I thought was a great metropolis was merely a city of fools. And that makes me the king fool. We're at war with the Fire Nation" he said. He sounded desperate. I can't blame him... all he knows is it was peaceful. But now it's chaotic.

Momo climbs onto his arm, while l/n jumps to his lap. "We don't have much time..." I said, looking at him with a worried expression. Aang steps forward. "There's a comet coming this summer. Its energy will give the firebenders unbelievable strength. They'll be unstoppable" he said. I nod my head.

"But there is hope. Before the comet comes, we have a window of opportunity: A solar eclipse is coming. The sun will be completely blocked out by the moon, and the firebenders will be helpless" Sokka said. The Earth King turns to look at him.

"What are you suggesting, Sokka?" He said. "That's the day we need to invade the Fire Nation. The Day of Black Sun" Sokka said. He looks hesitant. "I don't know. That would require moving troops out of Ba Sing Se. We'd be completely vulnerable" he said.

"You're already vulnerable. The Fire Nation won't stop until Ba Sing Se falls. You can either sit back and wait for that to happen, or take the offensive and give yourself a fighting chance" Sokka said, trying to convince the Earth King. He thinks for a moment. I start to feel anxious of his decision. I'm sure the others are too. "Very well, you have my support" he said. We cheers happily.

Someone suddenly enters the room. "Your Majesty. I apologize for the interruption" he said, as he walks up to us and bows at the Earth King. "This is General How. He's the leader of the Council of Five, my highest ranking generals" the Earth King said.

"We searched Long Feng's office. I think we found something that will interest everybody" he said. Me and the others turns to look at one another. All of us wondering the same thing.

***

We are now inside Long Feng's office. "There are secret files on everyone in Ba Sing Se. Including you kids" he said, gesturing to all of us. "Secret Files?" I said.

"Toph Beifong" the Earth King said. He hands it to General How, who hands it to Toph. She hands it to me, indicating she wants me to read it for her. I take it from her.

"It's a letter from your mom. Your mom's here in the city. And she wants to see you" I said. I can see her eyes widening in shock. "Long Feng intercepted our letters from home? That's just sad" she said.

"Aang and Y/N" the Earth King said. "This scroll was attached to the horn of your bison when the Dai Li captured it" General How said. Aang takes it from him and starts to read it.

"It's from the Eastern Air Temple" he said. He hands it to me, so I can read it too. I turn to look at Aang as he looks back at me. Someone claims they can teach us about how to get our true potential powers. I just hope whoever it is, will help me find who I was and remembers it. So I can awakens my true power.

Sokka and Katara gets an intelligence report that might lead them to their dad. They're so happy about it. But what would mean, all five of us would have to split up.

I frown at the thought of going separate ways. we've been together through everything... the thought of splitting up is suddenly so terrifying. I hope nothing bad will happen to us.

*to be continued*