Chapter 42

Previously on Chapter 41

"They took me to a headquarters under the water. Like a lake!" He said. Something clicks in my head when he said that. "Wait! Remember what Joo Dee said?" I said. Sokka nods his head. "She said she went on vacation to Lake Laogai!" He said. Jet stands up. "That's it!

Lake Laogai

-Battling Dai Li-

Y/N P.O.V

We are standing by the lake. But I don't see anything here. "So where's this secret headquarters?" Sokka said. "Under the water, I think" Jet said. "There's a tunnel right there by the shore" Toph said. She walks near the shore while whistling. She use her earth-bending. A slab of rocks with an entrance rises.

She moves the rock out of the way, revealing a hole of the tunnel. We gather around it and looks down. Momo and l/n flies away out of fear. We look at one another.

"I'll go first..." I said. I jump down and use my air-bending to slow my fall. The others starts coming down the stairs. We walk further inside the place.

"It's all starting to come back to me!" Jet said. He walks in front of us as we walk passed a room. I turn my head to see a group of women being brainwashed by a Dai Li agent.

"I'm Joo Dee. Welcome to Ba Sing Se" he said. The women follows animatedly. "We're so lucky to have our walls to create order" the Dai Li said. I shiver at the sight and speeds walk, not wanting to watch it any further.

"I think there might be a cell big enough to hold Appa up ahead. I think it's through here!" Jet said. He opens a door. But instead of finding Appa. There are a lot of Dai Li agents, along with Long Feng.

"Now that's something different" Sokka said. I grip my glider tighter, and look around warily. Any of them might start attacking us. "You have made yourselves enemies of the state. Take them into custody" Long Feng said. The Dai Li agents jumps down from the ceiling and circles around us.

Two of the Dai Li agents shoots rock hand at us. But Toph easily destroys them and sends the two Dai Li flying through the air with rock pillars. I use earth-bending to destroy the rock hand. I duck when they throw more.

"Long Feng is escaping!" Aang yelled out. Jet, Aang and I chases after him. We ended up in a completely different room. Long Feng stops running and turn to look at us.

He looks at us angrily. "All right, Avatars, you've caused me enough problems. This is your last chance... if you want your bison back" he said. I growl angrily at what he said. "You do have Appa!" I said.

"Tell us where he is!" Aang said. Long Feng looks at us calmly, as if he isn't cornered. "Agree to exit the city now, and I'll waive all charges against you and allow you to leave with your lost pet" he said. "You're in no position to bargain" Jet said. Long Feng stares at us with his unchanged expression. "Am I not?" He said.

"You're definitely not!" Aang said. I take a fighting stance. "Jet, the Earth King has invited you to Lake Laogai" He said. I furrow my eyebrow in confusion. I turn to look at Jet who looks in dazed.

"I am honored to accept his invitation" he said. His voice sounded weird. Like he's under some kind of spell. He turns to me and starts attacking me. I jump out of the way before he could land a hit.

Meanwhile

Zuko P.O.V

"You're mine now..." I said, taking a battle stance at the bison in front of me. I hear the door slides open. I turn my head to see uncle.

"Uncle?" I said. He stares at me with a stern face. "So, the Blue Spirit. I wonder who could be behind that mask" he said. I let out a sigh and takes off the mask from my face.

"What are you doing here?" I said.  "I was just about to ask you the same thing. What do you plan to do now that you've found the Avatar's bison? Keep him locked in our new apartment? Should I go put on a pot of tea for him?" He said.

"First I have to get it out of here" I said. I turn to face the bison. "And then what!? You never think these things through! This is exactly what happened when you captured the Avatar at the North Pole! You had her, and then you had nowhere to go!" He said. I turn to look at him.

"I would have figured something out!" I said. "No! If her brother and friends hasn't found you. You would have frozen to death!" He said. I let out a groan and turn to him angrily.

"I know my own destiny, Uncle!" I said. "Is it your own destiny, or is it a destiny someone else has tried to force on you?" He said, trying his best to talk me out of this. But I can't let it get to me. I have to do this.

"Stop it, Uncle! I have to do this!" I said, raising my voice a little. "I'm begging you, Prince Zuko! It's time for you to look inward and begin asking yourself the big questions. Who are you, and what do you want? Remember, Prince Zuko. This bison belongs to your girlfriend's brother. What would she said if she finds out what you're doing to the bison?" He said. I froze at what he said. I can feel my hands shaking lightly, as I think about Y/N.

I let out a groan of frustration. I screamed while slamming my swords along with my mask on the ground. I just want to go home. But I can't do that without having the Avatars. But one of the Avatar is a girl that I love.

"Please think this through, Prince Zuko..." he said, placing a hand on my shoulder. I turn to look at him and at the bison. I let out a soft sigh. As much as I want to go home... I don't want Y/N to hate me.

*to be continued*